AuthorMessage
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

Looking for a surgeon and general info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info EmptySat 28 Nov 2009, 9:50 am

Hi Kelly,Welcome to this site it is great for all your info needs..
I'm an ex bander best thing I ever did,now looking at getting the sleeve..
I have know Idea on the surgeons in your area but choose with great care..
All the best ,
Sharon
wow
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info EmptySat 28 Nov 2009, 7:58 am

Hi Kelly

Not sure of any surgeons in Newcastle but I went to Dr Loi ( who is partner of Dr Jorgensen) in Kogarah and he was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info EmptySat 28 Nov 2009, 6:44 am

Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum

There is a list of all the Weight Loss surgeons on this site.........

http://www.ossanz.com.au/contact.asp
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 8:48 am

Hi Kelly, welcome to the site! I'm an ex-bander...what a balls-up that was...lol. I'm being sleeved on 15/12. You could try contacting Terri - username 'painted lady' she's from the central coast...she may have some leads that you could follow. Good luck and keep us posted! Cheers
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 11:12 pm

Hi Kelly,

I am in the same situation at the moment. Trying to find a surgeon near Lake Macquarie/Newcastle.
So far I am not having much luck.

I am starting my journey again. This year I went and got my referral letter to a doctor in my area, went to the info seminar and decided that the only way I could afford it was to join a health fund.
Then we moved. So now I need to find a closer doctor and hospital.

I have found some surgeons who work out of Lake Macquarie Private if that is any help... but I really don't know much about them so can't recommend them beyond 'they exist'.
http://www.drjongani.com.au
I am still looking for people who have been operated on by them.
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 9:22 am

Hi Kelly

Welcome to this great forum. I've learnt so much since joining even though I don't post often. Sorry the band has not worked for you but I don't think you are alone as there are others on here who have converted to a sleeve. Pretty sure the wait time in between surgeries is approx 3 months. As for surgeon, is there one near Newcastle. I'm on the Gold Coast but there are quite a few people on here who are from Sydney. I hear Jorgenson (?sp) is really good and very experienced. So if you have to travel probably Sydney would be your best bet. But I'm sure others on here will tell you of others closer to your home, maybe Coffs harbour etc.

GL and hope it all goes well.

Kath
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 7:29 am

Welcome Kelly.... there is a wealth of information under the Surgeon's thread for surgeons in your area. Each surgeon is different of how long they wait between lapband removal and sleeve, but generally it is 3 months. Have a good read through some of the pre-op thread and post op threads.. also people diarys are great and full of information.

Have fun reading... and let us know of your progress!
Back to top Go down
misslilly176

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 5:40 am

Hi all,
I've just joined this site and really need some info. I was banded 1/10/08 and am currently 9kgs HEAVIER than when I had it done. The band really hasnt worked for me at all.
As a result I am now considering a gastric sleeve and would like some general info about the surgery and the name of a good surgeon. I live in Newcastle NSW. I would also like e general idea of the time required between band removal and the sleeve op. Thanks

Kelly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a surgeon and general info   Looking for a surgeon and general info Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a surgeon and general info
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: