11 posters
AuthorMessage
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-09-28

The scales......love them or hate them. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 12:04 am

I don't own scales either. I use the WiiFit to weigh myself. WiiFit is a lot of fun!

If you get a Wii, you also gotta get Mario Kart with the steering wheel. It is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
Lorraine

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:18 pm

Interesting article thanks! Now for my next purchase...lol...no I don't have any scales. Any advice on which type to buy? The scales......love them or hate them. 487524
Back to top Go down
mmendez74
mmendez74

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Weight record   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 10:57 pm

I once read in a Diet book (I can't remember if it was Carbohydrate's Addicts) that you can weight yourself every day but at the end of the week you should establish your official weight as the average weight for the whole week, that way you take into acount all your weight fluctuations and you get a sort of more precise measurement.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:46 pm

I have been weighing everyday, but not sure its a good thing for me. The scales......love them or hate them. 595690

This morning I weighed 1.5 kilo lighter than I did yesterday and this is because I have hypertension and in with my BP meds is a diuretic. So I have fluctuating fluid levels! Tomorrow I could be 2 kilo heavier The scales......love them or hate them. 697586

I only record my weigh once a week. The scales......love them or hate them. 89269
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:12 pm

I weigh myself every day, but only record my weight once a week. That way I can look back on the weekly weight, and use the daily weigh-in to work out whether I'm on track.

I think that works really well - at least for me.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 12:49 am

Kylie,
Thanks for the article.....
I thought I was being overly obsessive by jumping on the scales daily (or sometimes more often!), but now I will feel okay about it!!
I have been having a little trouble with getting my head around eating things that I have previously perceived as "Bad" foods, but now I have to try and integrate all sorts and variety of foods into my new way of eating.
I will now feel okay with myself if I weigh a little more often and not berate myself for it!
Thanks,
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 11:34 am

Hi, Monday is my weigh in day too. I try not to weigh myself more often but usually can't help it, its just sooooo exciting to be losing weight woo hoo!!!

I also have hubby take a photo on my surgery anniversary date each month and send it to my family, its great for showing small changes and keeping your motivation high.
The scales......love them or hate them. 63412
Back to top Go down
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 9:48 am

I weigh myself once a week. Monday morning is my weigh in day.

mermaid
Back to top Go down
happyone
happyone

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 9:36 am

Thanks for the article Kylie. I am a litle obsessive with the scales at the moment, only cause it can't help but go down when on the optifast.

That's great that you are losing weight in preparation for surgery. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 6:39 am

Thanks for sharing the information Kylie.
It was great reading.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 5:39 am

I've been pretty steady on a 200grams per day loss. And I couldn't possibly not weight myself daily. Its part of my routine now :P When it was going up I'd do it less, but it can't hurt if they are going down!
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 3:41 am

Thanks for the article Kylie - explains a lot of my bad habits and my various weight fluctuations but good interesting info. I have learnt to deal with it all now but by frequently weighing myself I personally feel I am more in control of myself and I can keep on track more. Everybody is different though.
hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The scales......love them or hate them.   The scales......love them or hate them. Empty

Back to top Go down

The scales......love them or hate them.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: