Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Complications - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Complications   Complications - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

This has probably been covered in some of the other threads, but I need to ask and I'm sorry to be on a bit of a downer but....

Has anyone had any major complications and what are some of the common complications that experienced sleevers had???
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Denise1971

PostSubject: Re: Complications   Complications - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 4:33 pm

I know of one huge complication...

A dent in my wallet when I have to start buying new clothes :affraid:
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Complications   Complications - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 3:55 pm

Denise there is only one complication from a sleeve and that is a leak, which I am sure you are aware is very serious. Any other things that go wrong in the surgery will be general surgery risks and or pre existing conditions you have but the surgeon was unaware of at the time of surgery.
One lady had problems and went to a bi pass, but she went to a sleeve after a band rejection, and I suspect that had a lot to do with any problems that occured later with her sleeve. One lady here in Perth had a I think blood vessel problem on her stomach or liver, not sure which that made her quiet unwell for a bit. Again an abnormality and not a general risk of the surgery itself. In the more than a year I have been following sleevers online and in person they are the only 2 that comes to mind (excuse me if I have forgotten something here) besides a couple of leaks.

Long term I have heard of no problems at all. It came to my notice only the other day that one of the ladies here in Perth with a sleeve can not eat white bread, it just will not settle in her stomach and she is more than a year out from surgery. My husband at 7 months out from surgery can feel a bit odd if he has red meat that is very tough. But that is is it for any problems with food. I am mentioning them now as they are the only things more than 6 months out that I have ever heard of that presented a problem fir those individuals.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female

PostSubject: Complications   Complications - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 2:54 pm

This has probably been covered in some of the other threads, but I need to ask and I'm sorry to be on a bit of a downer but....

Has anyone had any major complications and what are some of the common complications that experienced sleevers had???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complications   Complications - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Complications
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: