AuthorMessage
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

those blinkin scales Empty
PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyTue 20 Oct 2009, 12:41 pm

I first this sight last week and had a little giggle as I had done just that.
Got my husband to hide the scales as I was driving myself crazy weighing in every morning after a wee abd before I went to bed to see how much I out on through the day so I could estimate what I might be tomorrow. Arrrrr
Scales were not moving so I decided tohide them last Monday and guess what..... It worked!!!!!
I lost 2.1kgs this week, so they are hidden again till next Monday.
I do tend to graze of an evening so not having the scales about makes me rethink that as I always have a goal I wish to see on the scales when I next get on them.
For anyone obsessed with the blinkin scakles like I am, try hidding them.

All the best to you all
Max
Back to top Go down
possum
possum

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Scales   those blinkin scales EmptyTue 20 Oct 2009, 10:18 am

it is great to hear everyone's stories,
and so many different weight losses!

I don't have scales at home, so only weigh
myself at Doctors, pharmacists, or dietician.

In 5 weeks only weighed myself 3 times.
Lost 9 kilos in 5 weeks, which is fine. I can
notice a difference, but haven't had lot of
comments yet.

I think it will get more noticeable when it is 15-20
kilos gone.

Trust you are all doing well
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 1:30 am

RBC - WOW WOW and Wow again :) You are looking sensational woman!!! well done

I weigh every morning too after a wee...lol in the nuddy but at this stage only doing the downward thing too like RBC...I am not budging one the scales atm and not sure whats happening but I wont change what I am doing cause I know its all good :) not enough input food wise I think is the problem and I am walking 30 mins + each day so something will give soon enough :)
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 11:55 pm

I weigh myself daily, first thing after getting up and I find it very useful. I can tell when my period is due (sudden increase of 0.5kg) and I've learned to understand how my body has little changes in its weight.

It doesn't freak me if my weight goes up a little bit, I know this is normal but I only put the decreases into my ticker so I can see the overall downward trend.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 8:39 am

there is no pattern to my obsession! ROFL but today I didn't and I won't be able to till we get home sunday night now so I have missed my opportunity! Oh well, I will survive no doubt. Hadn't had anything to eat since forever......well actually yesterday!! That's bad isn't it! Had milk coffee with the pills this morning, then some chewwy in the car plus sipped on cordial all the way here, when we made it here we were too late for the finger food at the meet and greet, had an orange juice which was very sweet, I got a bit of a pain in the tummy which was a windy pain not a stomach pain. Then got a few groceries but I wanted to have a drink first, so had a low fat rush iced latte worth 9.3 grams of protein, then when that was sipped away ii had a bega stringers cheese stick worth 5.5 grams prot. now am having a le rice..... i took a few different ones out of the packaging so it's like a lucky dip!! but I don't think I will be able to finish it, hubby is gently snoring away on the bed with the news going. I want to go for a walk later when it cools a little outside, will have a read of some touristy brochures and see what we can do tomorrow :) Hope you're all having a lovely day! those blinkin scales 217555
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 8:28 am

I'm a once a day weigher. First thing ing the morning after a wee.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 2:00 am

I am hopeless, jump on the scales every morning.

This is a habit I must change, weekly is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 1:34 am

i weigh myself about once a week. If it's too cold to get out of my PJ's first thing in the morning then I wait till the next day. Nothing gets me out of PJ's when it's cold.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 1:13 am

I weigh myself everyday those blinkin scales 314562 Between yesterday and today I've lost 600grams!!
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 12:17 am

Hi there,
I am 8 months out and still weigh myself probably 5 - 6 times a week... the big thing is that I don't beat myself up over it or stress any more - either cos I weigh my self so much or if I gain 1kg overnight. Having said that, I only "count" one set day a week - Sundays for some wierd reason - as my "official" weight for the week. It works for me.

Honestly, I would stress more if I wasn't able to weigh each day - but that is just me.

It took me a while, but I worked out - in part - where my head is at... over the years, I "always" weighed myself a few times a week when I was on the "thinner" side of things. But when the weight started to go up, I stopped weighing myself, as I didn't want to face up to what was going on. Then I would start a diet and start jumping on the scales again as the weight went down.

Personally I now ADORE!!!!!!!!!!!! jumping on the scales and seeing how much I now weigh and how much I have lost. My head still hasn't caught up with the changes (29 kgs) in my body.
Regards,
Sophia
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyTue 13 Oct 2009, 11:58 pm

I only ever weigh in first thing in the morning at home, if I do at all, I prefer to wait for my two weekly/sometimes longer weigh ins at the gym, then i wear the same thing, do with no shoes, and get fat and water readings as well. however I mostly forget to weigh in at home, unless its been a while simply because Im in such a hurry to get through the bathroom, and onto work, or appointments I have on mornings I don't work. I thoroughly recommend making appointments in the morning, and going for exercise, and then having to shoot through the shower and out the door as a good distraction. I'm holding off this week weighing in as I got my period and that always makes it read not normal, and I see my surgeon next wednesday, so ill wait til that morning, and see how Im doing, and if theres much difference on his scales and the ones i use at the gym.
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyTue 13 Oct 2009, 12:02 pm

So after coming to the realisation that my scales are compulsive liars, Im thinking of having a ceremonial burning this weekend!!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyTue 13 Oct 2009, 11:45 am

But Maria it is an addiction, I don't know if I can give it up LOL
I can't believe people weigh themselves more than once a day, I thought first thing every morning was bad enough .
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales EmptyTue 13 Oct 2009, 11:01 am

I thought I would start this thread as I was a constant weigher as well on those blinkin scales!!!! It certainly plays with your mind and it is one thing that is associated with diets! well this time around I don't want to weigh myself every day or sometimes twice or 3 times per day. Or weigh myself, go the loo, weigh myself - LOL... messed with my head something chronic.
So the only way I stopped doing it was to ........ get my hubby to hide the scales and only bring them out once per week on weigh in day! It was so much better as I then concentrated on being good all week, whereas if I weighed myself and was down day a 1kg or so, then I would think I could "cheat" on something bad! See playing mind games! Having the scales hidden worked really well and even though I have scales at work... I know they are not as accurate as the ones I have at home and I don't see them everyday as they are in a different room.

So to all of those out there who are weighing themselves too often, get your partner to hide the scales and weigh in once a week. To those who don't have a partner - take the batteries out of your scales and wrap them up in a big parcel with sticky tape around and around so it will take you at least 10mins to unwrap it!

The sleeve is a procedure that we should not have to worry about our weight like we have done so for sooo many years to make sure the diet is going to work.... the sleeve works, but yes we have to keep an eye on our weight but not everyday..... we can do it.... only weigh ourselves once per week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: those blinkin scales   those blinkin scales Empty

Back to top Go down

those blinkin scales
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: