10 posters
AuthorMessage
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Hello....Newbie from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009, 7:11 am

Good idea CG, might just do that!

Dog
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009, 1:57 am

have you started a diary. Its a great place to record your operation experience and then your daily food intake and loss as you go down the scales. Plus its great for newbies to read about other peoples experiences to make up their mind if they want the procedure or not.
Back to top Go down
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009, 1:04 am

Woo hoo......2.5kg GONE this week!!!!
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 12:21 pm

Hi Rose

I was sleeved on 23rd Sept so not too far behind you. Welcome to the site. It ihas lots of information and the people here are wonderful.

Last edited by Countrygirl on Mon 12 Oct 2009, 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Think they removed some of my brain sometimes. lol)
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 11:15 am

Hi Rose,

I have two daughters (Kate 21 and Tamara 19) and 7 furry feline baby substitutes (Padung, Veto, Azra, Chad, Sai, Fitz and Mitre).
Back to top Go down
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 7:18 am

Ive had absolutely no problems at all since being sleeved. Ive had no vomitting, except for after the barium swallow (its yucky). I didnt even chuck after the anaesthetic, which is unusual for me. I don't remember much at all about surgery day, I don't even remember coming back to my room. The next day I had the barium swallow and then slept most of the day. So far everything has gone really smoothly. We even went away last weekend. We flew to Sydney to see Melbourne Storm WIN THE PREMIERSHIP!!!!!!!!! I was exhausted by the time we got home, but again no problems.

Back to work tomorrow :-( *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 7:16 am

Hi Rose,
Sorry I am a bit late but I work on Sundays.
I have two children and 2 furry children, the furry children are actually much nicer LOL
Good luck with the sleeve and enjoy the journey.
Onward and downward.

Cheers Gail.
Back to top Go down
lisab
Part of the furniture
lisab

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 5:10 am

Hi Rose,
You dont know how relieved I am to have found someone who has been sleeved by Ian, he is great isnt he? I have got a private room guarantee as well but theres still a chance of having to share if they are extremely busy at the time, so I have my fingers crossed...
Have you had any problems at all since being sleeved?

Lisab
Back to top Go down
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 4:50 am

I was sleeved by Dr Ian Michell at Epworth too. He is an awesome doctor, I feel very comfortable with him. His practice manager and nurse are great too, they are just a phone call away if you need anything.

The hospital was good, I was lucky enough to get a single room. I requested it when I booked in, and I am lucky enough to have a 'private room guarantee' with my health insurance.
Back to top Go down
lisab
Part of the furniture
lisab

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 4:45 am

Hi Rose,
Glad to see another Melbournian on the site, there arent many of us yet... I have 3 furry kids and one furry grandkid (a dog, and two cats and my 20yr old daughters new puppy) and I have four real kids 24yr old boy and 3 girls 20, 12, and 8 and they are all still at home...
I am being sleeved on Nov 30th at the Epworth by Dr Ian Michell, where were you done and by whom if you dont mind me asking as there arent many Drs doing the sleeve in Melbourne.
Anyway glad to see that you are doing well and keep in touch and be sure to check out the Melbourne Meet-up thread as we just had our first get together a few weeks ago and hopefully there will be another one soon....

Hope to see you soon,
Lisab
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 4:18 am

Welcome Rose... will be lovely hearing about your new way of living and eating....
I have one furry child, no human ones..... LOL
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 4:08 am

What are your babies names?

Ours all have alcoholic names. Bailey and Cooper for the puppies and Sambucca for the kitten.

I have a 14 year old (about to turn 15) and 3 step children - 22, 23 and 25.
Back to top Go down
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 4:06 am

They KNOW they are cute! Darling girls.

I have 5 furry children....2 dogs and 3 pussy cats, plus a very talkative large green feathered child. My human children are 17 & almost 19, boys. Oh, and a husband too (the 3rd child!)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 3:50 am

They are very cute. We have 3 furry children. 2 Maltese cross shitzus that are 14 months old and a kitten that is 3 months old. As with you, we also have real children.
Back to top Go down
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 3:48 am

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Do you like my pic??? My babies. I do have human children as well.

<<<----------------
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 3:32 am

Hello Rose and congratulations on finding this awsome site. Its good to hear you are doing well.

Hello....Newbie from Melbourne 217555
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 1:39 am

Welcome Rose,

Have a good look around, if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable please let us know.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 1:36 am

Welcome Rose

I am also a newbie, not yet sleeved, awaiting my first appointment.

Pleased to hear you are doing really well.
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 12:26 am

Welcome Rose. I was sleeved 8 weeks ago and all is well. One of my best decisions is having the sleeve
Back to top Go down
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female

PostSubject: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 12:23 am

Hello everyone!

Hello

I've been lurking for a few weeks, and thought it was time to introduce myself. I was sleeved on 21st September and so far I am doing really well. I have enjoyed reading everyones stories on here, and look forward to being part of the forum. There is so much information on here, and its so good to know that I am not alone on my journey.

Rose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello....Newbie from Melbourne   Hello....Newbie from Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello....Newbie from Melbourne
Page 1 of 1