chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 10:49 pm

Hi Hippychick
Yes, I get that too. I find that I make the worst choices when I'm most hungry, so it's better to have something before you reach that stage. If you normally get hungry at about 9pm, you could try having a small piece of fruit, or some rice crackers with a small amount of cheese, at 8.30.
Of course, some other days I don't feel very hungry at all and have to remind myself to eat!
Oh, and don't forget that thirst can sometimes be wrongly attributed to hunger, so you could try a drink if you know you've had enough to eat already.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
hippychick

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 2:33 am

Thank you so much for your replies. Its nice to know I am not the only one out there. I am still exceptionally happy that I had the sleeve but I am thinking I may need to see a psych to help with the head bit. I am a food addict after all and whilst I dont eat the WHOLE block of chockie now I know I am not eating out of hunger. I am aware the metabolism bit kicks in too and mine seems to be running on super high at the moment. Its like I go from being ok to absolutely starving like I havent eaten in a week. Do you find the same too? Its here I guess my food choices are not the best. A choice between a lovely red apple or the bikkie barrell - at 9pm - the bikkies win hands down.

Again, thanks for the support. I need it!

Amanda
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 7:24 pm

I've noticed the same phenomenon, and I dont like it either.
Having said that, though, it's just a matter of not giving in to the 'head hunger' as I'm not really hungry most of the time when I'm tempted to eat.
My food choices have been crappy lately, and I've vowed to stop it so many times, but I'm not winning with that right now.
Though, because I'm only able to eat such small amounts now, I don't do nearly as much damage as I used to!
As someone already said, the sleeve is just a tool - we still have to work at it!
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 3:28 pm

Welcome Amanda. As you can see from my profile I'm about 15 months out, so I'm right behind you. Yes, I'm seeing the same thing happen. I've plateaued for about 3 months now overall, but adding and subtracting a couple of pounds at a time, so no weight loss nor weight gain either. I've still got a little over 20 pounds to go to reach my real goal.

I was told that if my body would "settle" on an "equilibrium" between 12 and 15 months out and then start to gain about 5 pounds and then stay there (so long as I stayed "on program").

I've also noticed a couple of old habits coming back (evening foraging, though not as bad as it was before WLS), and I've asked about this at the local support group meetings. I'm convinced it's all in my head as I don't really feel hunger, and on those nights when I'm occupied with a meeting or something, it's no problem. It's the nights that I'm relaxing and my mind is wandering that it's coming back to appetite.

Now, I'll continue to admit that to this day, I'm still not getting in the 64 oz. of daily water intake, and I've been repeatedly told that this acts as a natural appetite suppressant. It's just that, even with the added flavors, it's still a bit much. I'm actually craving salty things rather than sweets which water or flavored water just doesn't seem to do. I'm looking at vegetables such as celery, carrots, and the like, but those are still a bit hard to digest, even this far out; so I'm still looking.

Guess I haven't helped much, but to let you know that you're not alone in the ongoing struggle...
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 2:06 am

I guess its just a matter of being strict with yourself.

Shake for breakfast
Salad for lunch
VegiesChicken or fish for tea?

Fruit as snacks
Back to top Go down
hippychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 2:01 am

Well its not alot but its slowly creeping on. My biggest fear when I opted for the sleeve was that it would stretch and i would just keep eating. Old habits seem to be coming back. I am under the pump a little at the moment and am tending to be a pantry lurker again. Have you had this problem at all? Its only 3 kgs but 3kgs is more than I want.
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 2:00 am

Hi And Welcome Amanda

Firstly how much of weight have you gained and have you kept that weight on ? I have been sleeved since for 16 months and have had a few weight gains but thats from me being stressed or depressed and then ive chosen to eating crap but then i get back on the right track and ive usually lost the weight in a matter of a week sometimes 2 We have always got to remeber the sleeve is just a tool to help with losing kgs

Cheers Sue

Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice 63412
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 1:56 am

hippychick wrote:
Hi. My name is Amanda and I had the sleeve last year. I am having a few issues with weight gain. Any advice?

Maybe you could do some optifast for a little while? Is it huge amounts that you are putting on? What are you eating habits like?

I must admit its something that terrifies me Confused
Back to top Go down
hippychick

Female

PostSubject: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 1:48 am

Hi. My name is Amanda and I had the sleeve last year. I am having a few issues with weight gain. Any advice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice   Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi - had sleeve for 1.5yrs - need advice
Page 1 of 1