redheels
6 posters
AuthorMessage
redheels

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Hospital   Home from Hospital EmptyMon 21 Sep 2009, 1:00 am

Hi there,
I can relate to the first 2 days too; they were the hardest and then on day 3 I bounded out of bed and got dressed into clothes which was the catalyst to send me home.
All the best with your recovery possumomega and let us know how you are doing; I am keen to hear about your progress as you are only a few days in front of me.
My tummy muscles are sore today and my left arm where the anaesthetic shunts went is in almost completely blue and bruised and I have limited movement. I think I have just discovered that some of my tummy discomfort is actually hunger pains as well and can relate to this now. I'm contemplating making mushy veges (aka baby food) to fill the void.
Back to top Go down
possumomega

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: home from hospital   Home from Hospital EmptyMon 21 Sep 2009, 12:36 am

Hi to all

Hope you are all travelling well.

Just got home from Hospital on Friday - operation on tuesday.
wow, the first two days were .. horrible. Really panicked and wondered
if I had done the right thing. Day 3 woke up completely different and has
been getting better since then.

Although I am starving. Every hunger pain HURTS!!! Still, it will be worth
it I tell myself and it helps me to think of the people who can't eat in other
places because there really is no food. Gives me perspective.

Can't wait to have a coffee with milk! It is amazing how you miss the
simple things - like a piece of toast, or vegemite on crackers.

blessings to all out there in Sleeve land.
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Hospital   Home from Hospital EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 11:57 am

Hi Redheels,

it is great to hear you came home and you are doing well.

I hope your puppy gives you all the recovery care you need and you are back fighting fit in no time.
Back to top Go down
redheels

Female

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Hospital   Home from Hospital EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 11:15 am

Thanks Gail and all for your support. I'm about to head off to bed now and sleep some more as I'm still very weak. I'm very cold too which I will keep an eye on just in case it is an infection. The gurgles are still very active and am keeping up the fluids although I don't have much of an appetite for Optifast or anything else.
Bed rest with my fav DVD's and lots of cuddles from the puppy dogs seems like the best recipe for recovery at the moment.
Be rest assured - I'll be back to ask any ? if I get stuck. The info on here has been a godsend at this time as I'm learning about my new tummy and what it can and can't do.
Sweet dreams all and I'll check in again soon ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Hospital   Home from Hospital EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 10:50 am

Congratulations Redheels

I hope that you have a lovely relaxing recovery and don't forget to ask if you get stuck with anything.

Hugs and kisses Gail
Back to top Go down
Adelaide_Jo
Part of the furniture
Adelaide_Jo

Female
Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Hospital   Home from Hospital EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 4:11 am

Hey redheels..great that you are home safe and sound. It can only get better from now on.

I wish you well with your recovery and weight loss.

Jo
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Hospital   Home from Hospital EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 3:56 am

Welcome home! The hard bit is over now..... relax and take it easy.... let us know how you are going.
Back to top Go down
redheels

Female

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Home from Hospital   Home from Hospital EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 3:52 am

Hi all,
after 3 nights and almost 3 days since the op I'm home from hospital. The op went very well and surgeon is very happy; in theater for just under an hour. My biggest challenge was the nausea and the pain that goes with the nausea - I was kept in an extra night to help manage this. No regrets as yet even though I'm in a lot of discomfort and looking forward to end of the week when I hope to feel more like myself.
Under orders to take it easy and prepare for the road ahead now...lots more Optifast and keep up the fluids.

So pleased the hardest bit is over now and bring on the rest of my life...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home from Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Hospital   Home from Hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

Home from Hospital
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: