AuthorMessage
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

brutally honest, my first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 20 Sep 2008, 7:26 am

Im now just over two weeks post op now and feel pretty good already. Very little pain, in fact not much at all really, but still have to be carefull not to overdo re lifting etc.
Back to top Go down
ang
ang

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptyFri 19 Sep 2008, 10:56 pm

good luck Rose. I am having my op next Thursday so will be following your page when you recieve advice
chhers Ang
Back to top Go down
rose
rose

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: finaly got sleeved   brutally honest, my first post EmptyFri 19 Sep 2008, 9:47 pm

sleeved on the 17th sept. can any sleever remember how long it took before you felt painfree and "over it"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.naturesgiftnz.com
sallyanne
sallyanne

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptyThu 11 Sep 2008, 2:16 pm

good luck with it all

as MizRosen says Third time lucky
Back to top Go down
MizRosen
MizRosen

Female
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptyThu 11 Sep 2008, 2:04 pm

Go Hard my Friend!!!

Third time lucky - stay confident and strong, you are nearly there!

Rosie
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 10:09 pm

Hey, Rose, that's great news. I'm so glad you've changed your doc to someone who works for you - and the better diet as well!
Congratulations on doing so well - it's particularly hard in the early stages, as we all know.
And good luck for the next week - and beyond!
Chris
Back to top Go down
rose
rose

Female
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: finally counting down and feeling great!!!!!   brutally honest, my first post EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 8:55 am

hello all

i have 6 days left before my surgery finally happens. this is my 3rd attempt but also my personal best attempt so far. i got myself a new dr (not that there was anything wrong with the original one, just a too harsh dieet for me) and a much better preop dieet, optifast.(ye ye i know some of you hate it, but i had worse) i have lost 7 kg in 10 days and i can see myself succeeding for the next 6 days.................................and beyond.

spring is in the air and i cannot wait to beach hop in a few months.

brutally honest, my first post 542174

rose
Back to top Go down
http://www.naturesgiftnz.com
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 9:42 am

Pam remove the text from your signature that is showing usally the stuff before the word IMG

applesauce
Back to top Go down
maddocker
maddocker

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 9:38 am

i will try another
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 9:30 am

mmmm still very hard to read donna. Maybe it is just me
Back to top Go down
maddocker
maddocker

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:36 am

see if this is better
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:29 am

donna you need to select the dark colour at the ticker site
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:28 am

Wow nice ticker, I love it!
Back to top Go down
maddocker
maddocker

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:27 am

Lets try again

Donna
Back to top Go down
maddocker
maddocker

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:26 am

OK, just seeing how I have gone.... Also Mr Apple can you please give your beautiful bride Mrs Apple a big kiss for me. She is the one who gave me all the right info.

Donna
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:16 am

wow everyone posted at the same time :lol!:

And that was supposed to read make sure....not much sure :lol!:
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:14 am

Or alternatively you can just type the info you wish to display in the signature field of your profile which will add to each post / reply you do.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:14 am

hi donna,

I think there is a thread about creating a signature, it should be in general chat. If not just ask again. If you want to get a ticker like some of us have got you go to tickerfactory.com and create one, but you also need to add that to your signature so that it will come up on all your posts.

Hi pretzel,

Glad your back all safe and well, Did everything go well?

Nourishing liquids can also be hot milk milo (low fat high calcium)( yum) thin yoghurt no lumps or bumps, optifast, up and go, sustagen, low fat and sugar icecream and custard
Basically anything that is thin enough to go up a straw, so much sure you thin everything down

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

While I was on liquids all I had was the Optifast, Sustagen Hospital strength, Up N Go and the Chicken & Spinach soup (recipe on recipe pages)

Not terribly exciting but you will lose quite a lot on this stage and slow down when you move onto mushies.

steph :flower:

Last edited by ssteph2342 on Sat 26 Jul 2008, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maddocker
maddocker

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:09 am

Yeah I have a list here. But the only savoury thing I have is soup. I thought there maybe some thing else. I am going to have optifast for breakfast, as I have no appetite in the morning.
But then again there is lots of different flavoured soup.

Donna
Back to top Go down
The bad apple(sauce)
The bad apple(sauce)

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:08 am

Visit this site & setup a account (it's free) http://www.TickerFactory.com/ follow the prompts then after you select your ticker it will give you a addy like this:

brutally honest, my first post Weight

which you copy and add to your signature on your profile here. Then each time you edit your weight loss at the Tickerfactory it updates your posts from then on.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:07 am

Hey Pretzel,

Welcome back. I'm happy you are doing well. The spinach & chicken soup is great isn't it after being stuck on the fluids except that I'm on mushies now and have a freezer full of the stuff and I don't feel like it anymore.

Back to top Go down
pretzel.1970
pretzel.1970

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:03 am

Hi Donna,
I only got home today as well - my op was Wednesday afternoon.
Like you I didn't have any problems either.

I haven't had jelly yet because my doc said no, but I have moved onto blended homemade potato, leek, spinach and chicken soup today which has been great after clear fluids in hospital. I'm also still having an optifast each day for the vitamins and protein.
Let me know if you come up with any other options.
Good luck with your journey
xx
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:01 am

Hi Donna,

Weren't you given any info by your surgeon on what you can have? If not I can email you what I have here.

Back to top Go down
maddocker
maddocker

Female

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 9:58 am

I had no dramas at all.. Can some one advise me on what nourishing liquids I can have.. ( I know the obvious like soup, jelly and custard).. I started them straight away. Skipped the clear fluids.

I am so happy. Can some one also explain how to do one of those weight thingies at the bottom of their names with their start weight and current weight and goal weight.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brutally honest, my first post   brutally honest, my first post Empty

Back to top Go down

brutally honest, my first post
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: