AuthorMessage
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

All about Supplements Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 3:24 pm

Hey Shazza,
I'm taking Elevit and Caltrate supplements, and I think I'll be on them indefinitely. For me, that's really a bonus, as Elevit is a pre-natal vitamin and I want babies in a few years, so by then my body should be in tip-top shape (or at least closer than it is now, lol). The added Caltrate is to help prevent osteoporosis down the line, as post-op we tend to lose some of the muscle that supports our bones (or something like that).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 1:20 pm

Hi Shazza,

I found a thread here for calcium and supplements, so I will merge the two threads.
Sorry, that was my fault, but at least we've got one!
Hayley
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: supplements   All about Supplements EmptyThu 21 Aug 2008, 12:27 pm

Who still takes supplements and what ones.

sharon
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 11:24 am

Flintstones was the first show I ever saw on tv when we got ours (Black & White). It was my dad's favourite show.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 10:56 am

yep we sure did have the flinstones yabbadabbadoo :lol!:
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 10:00 am

HI Fadding,

No I just take my Supradyn once a day along with my Nexium and then my Glucosamine which is liquid form too and the most vile taste. YUK!!

steph :flower:
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Never giveup   All about Supplements EmptyMon 21 Jul 2008, 2:41 am

That is exactly what my nutritionist told me to a tee. Until I can swallow whole pills she suggested Flintstones chewables- Did they have the Flintstones cartoons in Australia? Lord - I just loved Pebbles.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySun 20 Jul 2008, 6:12 pm

calcium suplement also increases weight loss. So that is a good thing . Heard it on Ophera :lol!: You can get centrum in a capsual That is what I have . eww do I have to do my vit's 2 X daily ...awww I take so many don't know if I could do them twice.How many others take theirs twice daily?
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySun 20 Jul 2008, 4:19 am

I think it was suesuch that left that message as i also read it on another site she goes to. We will have to find out which one it is

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 12:12 pm

Hi applesauce,

I saw that same message and I asked what the vitamin was that caused the smell but I never saw a reply.

steph.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 10:38 am

There is a email based group called awls and on it they where talking about certain vitiamin giving somebody extreme body odour. Now I know somebody mentioned that the other day but can not find the thread. I will keep an eye out to see if they mention the brand. I had asumed boils spots BO etc was just the body getting rid of toxins and it meant more water drunk rather than put on the body needed hehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 9:08 am

I have been taking a liquid vitamin called accomin I havent taken it for a few days and im feeling a bit tired so i wiill go and have some in a min. It also contains iron. The dietician told me that centrium multi vtamin is one of the better ones to take once you can take tablets(ii think they may be fairly big)

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 8:42 am

I have only just started taking the multi vitamin yesterday and I bought Centrium but because it's a tablet can't take it so I have started on Supradyn.

steph :flower:
Back to top Go down
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 8:39 am

I take Centrium multivitamins twice a day (so a double dose of them ) and I also take calcium tablets twice a day. My dieticians main concern with the sleeve is patients becoming calcium deficient. I don't take anything else but that may change at my 6 month check up when they check my vitamin and mineral levels.
Pam
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 4:21 am

I was told multi-vitamins, and maybe iron would be required at some time later.
But I get a compounded vitamin and mineral supplement made to my GPs instructions anyway, so I'll just go with that. She'll have to take the rest in to account.
Steph's right - Optifast has all the vitamins and minerals included, so you don't need anything else while you're on this.
Chris :afro:
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 3:56 am

I was told to take a multi vitamin daily for the rest of my life but if you are still on the Optifast this isn't required. Also iron tablet for that time of month.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: All about Supplements   All about Supplements EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 3:43 am

Has anyone else been told that they have to have vitamins and calcium twice a day after the surgery- either Flintstones complete or Centrum with Iron and also Tums Ultra? I think I am going to start taking them now. My mom shrank 3 inches in the past two years and I am only 5'2 to start out with- oops that is in feet and inches. Umn lets see that is 62 inches times w.w cm per inch. Too tired to do the math but trust me- I am already pretty short.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All about Supplements   All about Supplements Empty

Back to top Go down

All about Supplements
Page 1 of 1