AuthorMessage
Debs40
Debs40

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-05-10

New Here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Here!   New Here! EmptyTue 16 May 2017, 11:15 am

13 Days gosh you must be getting sooo excited!!  Yeah I think you get to a certain stage and you just know that this operation is the last resort that's for sure!  It is a long wait, but I have so much on coming up that i know it will go quick, I have a weeks trip to the gold coast with the family in June, I have my mum visiting from NZ for a week in July so it will be all good :) It gives me a good chance to trawl over everyone else's experiences!  :)
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Ironman

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-04-25

New Here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Here!   New Here! EmptyTue 16 May 2017, 1:23 am

Hi Deb, Thanks for babbling and welcome. i"m from Bundy
My sister is being sleeved By Dr Liew at the gold coast next Feb after she has gone through the PHI waiting period. im getting sleeved in 13 days at the Sunny coast.
I Feel the same as you. 
i never considered WLS before because i always thought i would get there myself one day through hard work and determination.
The reality is i was 114kg 27 years ogo when i got married. There's been many ups and downs over the years but now in my 50s and at about 123kgs is it ever gunna happen? Despite every new years promise to loss weight and get healthy it hasnt happened yet. 
So now this is it.. Game on..
you and my Sis have got a bit of a wait but it will be worth it.. 
Good luck with everything champion
Back to top Go down
Debs40
Debs40

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-05-10

New Here! Empty
PostSubject: New Here!   New Here! EmptySun 14 May 2017, 11:16 am

Hey All :)

I'm up in Mackay North Queensland and getting my surgery done next April in Gold Coast...loooooong time to wait, but i had to sit out my 12 months through Medibank but I know it will be so worth it :)

I have been trawling over these forums for days now, learning about it all, i'm so excited!  I have told a few people, seems to be the norm at the moment, as most I have spoken to are pretty blase' about it as they have friends or family who have done the same operation and I have heard nothing but amazing results.

I am 41 this year, I don't have kids as I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20's and back then told I would never be able to have kids so accepted that.  I am married, and am step mum to 3 wonderful kiddies so I'm not too bothered if I cannot have my own, but you never know! it sounds like it could be a possibility with this operation :)

I have always tried to keep fit and healthy but I have a food addiction I guess.  I try to keep myself active, i have horses and I have a cross trainer machine at home also.  I try to do exercise every day and at least 2-3km on my Cross trainer machine, but to be honest i can hardly shift a kg.  In fact since arriving in OZ from NZ 2 1/2 yrs ago I have put on 24kg...and although I try to keep active I am obviously eating the wrong foods as I have all the blood tests and don't have high cholesterol or blood pressure, no thyroid issues...so it must be a combination of my PCOS and not eating well.  So I am hoping that if I can get the sleeve done and control my eating then I can get fit and healthy like I have always wanted to be :) fingers crossed anyways! At least I am in the right head space!

To  be honest even just 6 months ago I was dead against this operation.  I have always been so strong in my opinion that you should try and lose weight yourself and not choose "the easy way out", however after years now of yo yo dieting, trying all diets...and still exercising every day....and feeling so low in confidence in myself now I feel that this is my opportunity to shine again.  I haven't ridden my horses in 2 years because of my weight gain and I want to get out and meet new people, take my horses to the beach and go for a gallop again...so next Winter will be my goal to do this!

So I just want to say Hello! and I'm always here to chat to if anyone wants to chat! I love reading about everyone's experiences and their ups and downs, the hints and tricks, these forums are amazing :)

Anyways, I have a tendancy to babble, so ill stop there!    

Talk soon!!

Debs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Here!   New Here! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: