5 posters
AuthorMessage
E5merelda

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2017-02-23

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017, 12:12 pm

Oh wow I am so pleased for you... apart from the HRT problems but it sounds like they will clear up pretty soon. How did you go with the optimist for the two weeks previous?
Back to top Go down
newtosleeve

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017, 12:07 pm

E5merelda wrote:
Hi Newtosleeve, how did your surgery go? I am eager to follow you and your story
Hi E5merelda
Sorry for the late reply I am struggling with internet being that I'm away from home, and I don't have my laptop!!arghhhh!
The surgery went very well, I was so surprised how well I felt, the doctor and nurses were awesome and never let any pain 'break through' I was in pain immediately when I first woke up from the op but I was immediately given IV pain relief and just slept for the afternoon.  The worst part of all of it for me was the fact that I was taken off HRT (I have had very high estrogen levels previously) and as a consequence I suffered awful migraines for two days (I have NEVER previously suffered from migraine )and cried like it was third day baby blues after child birth !! I realised what was goIng on and the doctor agreed it was classic hormone driven migraine she then weighed up the increased risk of DVT and the migraines and agreed I should immediately recommence my HRT.  For me that was the worst part of the whole ordeal and it it still giving me problems as my body tries to get back up to the previous hormone levels.  It's hard to type on my phone without my glasses so I will elaborate more when I am able.  I am so happy I have done this, it's the best decision I have made for myself, I am very thankful that so far so good! My surgeon and his team were just great.  It's been 9 days since the op so I will update when as I can.  Sorry for any spelling mistakes - difficult on my mobile!!
Back to top Go down
E5merelda

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyTue 04 Apr 2017, 1:02 pm

Hi Newtosleeve, how did your surgery go? I am eager to follow you and your story
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017, 12:16 pm

There used to be a thread on here with suggestions about what to take to the hospital.
I wore PJ's and had no problems, I found PJ's easier than a nightie/dress type thing, because everyone wants to check your incisions/tummy/I can't remember exactly what they were looking at! hehe

I wore jeans home without a problem.

Personally, I had more of a problem freaking out about the black stitches popping out and re-dressing the incisions, than being irritated by clothes.
Hi Peeps 595690
Back to top Go down
E5merelda

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyWed 29 Mar 2017, 5:03 am

Oh wow Good luck I wish you all the best. Thank you I have been referred to Dr Basson in Joondalup
Back to top Go down
newtosleeve

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017, 7:35 am

newtosleeve wrote:
E5merelda wrote:
Hello peeps.

I have got my referral
Now and a date to see the Bariatric physician, and then a month later a date to see the surgeon.

Does anyone know what the Bariatric physician appointment will be like? I am afraid they will try and talk me out of surgery and do a diet plan for me instead.
Hello E5Merelda

I am due to be sleeved on Saturday (April fools day?!)  The physician I saw was at the surgeons offices and just asked general health questions and was really supportive and encouraging.  Nothing to be worried about. Cheers
oops, just saw that you are in Perth, can I ask who you have been referred to? I am having my sleeve done at St Johns Subiaco by Dr Harsha Chandraratna.
Back to top Go down
newtosleeve

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017, 7:31 am

E5merelda wrote:
Hello peeps.

I have got my referral
Now and a date to see the Bariatric physician, and then a month later a date to see the surgeon.

Does anyone know what the Bariatric physician appointment will be like? I am afraid they will try and talk me out of surgery and do a diet plan for me instead.
Hello E5Merelda

I am due to be sleeved on Saturday (April fools day?!)  The physician I saw was at the surgeons offices and just asked general health questions and was really supportive and encouraging.  Nothing to be worried about. Cheers
Back to top Go down
E5merelda

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Date to see the Bariatric Physician   Hi Peeps EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017, 10:50 am

Hello peeps.

I have got my referral

Back to top Go down
E5merelda

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017, 4:51 am

Hi Groovy, thanks for the welcome x
Back to top Go down
Groovy
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-02-12

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017, 11:38 pm

E5merelda wrote:
I have had no one reply to me :(

Hi and welcome, E5meralda.

I don't tend to answer newbies much any more, I've found a lot of times I go out of my way to answer and don't ever see them again. Bit of a waste of time, really.

Hope your waiting time goes quickly and you find some useful information.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
E5merelda

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017, 9:05 am

Hi Aniseed!

Congratulations to you too.
I have had mixed reactions from my family. My husband is happy if I am happy, but my mum is worried for me.

Still haven't been to the GP yet. I have had family over from England.

What has your experience been so far?
Back to top Go down
Aniseed
Aniseed

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-03-03

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017, 12:33 am

E5merelda wrote:

:( Sorry about that. It's not the most active group but a wealth of knowledge and unlike facebook, a place to post questions while remaining anonymous!

Welcome aboard! I'm new here too. I've "ummed and arred" at the idea for a while and only a few weeks ago decided it's now or never...we're not getting any younger!

Congrats on making the decision. How has your family reacted? How did you go with getting a referral?
Back to top Go down
E5merelda

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyMon 13 Mar 2017, 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
E5merelda

Female

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017, 5:54 am

Hi everyone,

I am in the Northern Suburbs of Perth. I work full time, and run a business out of normal working hours. And I have a beautiful three year old son. It haven't had surgery yet. I am at the stage of I have decided I want the sleeve and am about to approach my GP for a referral. I have researched Surgeon and I think I know who I would like to go with. I am waiting for my HBF waiting period to mature in November before I can actually go under the knife. I have a hectic life and don't find the time to look after myself. I do go to a fitness dance class once a week, but often find myself hungry and looking for a fast snack; and I emotionally eat also. I can diet and lose the weight but I always put it back on and then some. I want a life change that can assist me in monitoring my weight and what I put into my body. I am so pleased to have found this group with people going through similar situations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi Peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Peeps   Hi Peeps Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Peeps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: