4 posters
AuthorMessage
Groovy
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-02-12

HELP! Still sore after a week of purée? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP! Still sore after a week of purée?   HELP! Still sore after a week of purée? EmptySat 25 Feb 2017, 9:59 pm

I agree with Tara, take it slow and go back to liquids. It won't hurt you and will give your stomach time to settle. This problem is not unusual, some people have more swelling and inflammation and thus take longer to go through the stages. Be guided by your stomach and in the meantime make sure you have lots of nourishing, protein based liquids. You'll be fine!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Still sore after a week of purée?   HELP! Still sore after a week of purée? EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017, 7:43 am

Hiya jdiaz,

Let your body guide you, if things are painful to eat or drink go back to the previous stage for a week, or even 2 and after that try again.

We all heal at different rates.
Take it slow and you'll be fine  :)

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
jdiaz1707

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Still sore after a week of purée?   HELP! Still sore after a week of purée? EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017, 11:30 am

I am seeing a dietician, but she says some pain and discomfort is normal. But now that it has been a week I'm thinking it should have at least dulled down?
With liquids it hurt at first but about 4-5 days in I was fine. No pain at all. Then as soon as I switched to purée at my 2 week mark I started having pain again. It's a very similar pain to when you first start liquids.
Back to top Go down
Travelling Fat Girl Slim
Travelling Fat Girl Slim

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-12-22

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Still sore after a week of purée?   HELP! Still sore after a week of purée? EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017, 10:26 am

Hi! Are you seeing a dietician at all? That sounds bloody awful! Did you have issues with liquids, or is this a brand new thing?
Back to top Go down
jdiaz1707

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: HELP! Still sore after a week of purée?   HELP! Still sore after a week of purée? EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017, 2:45 am

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery on the 1st Feb and was so excited to get off liquids after the 2 weeks.

My first purée meal was very runny mash and it hurt a little going down into my stomach.

It's like I can actually feel the food traveling down my stomach (or what's left of it) and it gives me this weird burning, sore feeling which only lasts about 15-30 seconds after each spoonful.

Ive tried making my foods more runny, smaller bites and eating even slower but nothing seems to work. I've been on purée for about a week now and by this stage I had hoped the pain would settle.

My concern is that I'm meant to be moving on to soft foods in a week and if I can't tolerate purée how will I tolerate soft foods?

My other concern is that because of the pain I just don't want to eat, I feel hungry but the pain is just so bothersome. Nothing excessive but it's just annoying.

Help anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Still sore after a week of purée?   HELP! Still sore after a week of purée? Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! Still sore after a week of purée?
Page 1 of 1