sutbr01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
freerein

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptyMon 03 Aug 2009, 3:26 am

ok thought so, thought i'd ask anyway, thanks so much for you help
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptyMon 03 Aug 2009, 1:11 am

I would agree, there is a period required (based on each policy type), you may want to check with your GP, people with certain underlying health problems may qualify for surgery under the local District Health Board (and of course a lengthy waiting period).
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptySun 02 Aug 2009, 9:51 pm

Hi,

You need to be a member of Southern Cross for 2 years to get the Sleeve payment. Its not part of the standard cover a long term membership "bonus".
Back to top Go down
freerein

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptySun 02 Aug 2009, 2:15 pm

oh ok, so if i suddenly join southern cross then a few months later apply for the surgery help would look too dodgy?
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptySun 02 Aug 2009, 5:45 am

I have had Southern Cross hospital and surgery care cover for last 15 years. The application went in 2 months prior to surgery.

I will be talking with Southern Cross this week to clarify who will pay for the 2 night in hospital etc.
Back to top Go down
freerein

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 12:34 pm

cool thanks for that, what kind of policy do you have to be on with southern cross and how long for before you can get pre-approved?
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 6:33 am

My procedure coming up in Sept is costing $18K, the Southern Cross contribution (on pre-approved application) is a max of $7,500, (check with Southern Cross if your Surgeon is on their list, the surgeon would do the application, mine was approved within 3 days). I have been on Jenny Craig the last 18 months and had good weight loss, if you compare the cost of dieting vs the surgery, I calculated the pay back at 2 years.
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptyFri 31 Jul 2009, 11:15 am

You are looking at about NZ$20,000 for the procedure. If you have Southern Cross and your BMI is over 40 then you might get a contribution of $7500 towards the cost but you have to pay it all and then claim it back.
Back to top Go down
freerein

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptyFri 31 Jul 2009, 10:02 am

Hey everyone, i'm very interested in the sleeve procedure and have been doing alot of research into it, was wondering what the general price of something like this is, all the websites give you the ins and out but not actual price.
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009, 11:30 am

Waves at ya from Chch.

New sleever here currently at 6 weeks post op. Good luck with the countdown to best decision you have ever made.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009, 7:19 am

Hi KiwiBrent and welcome aboard.

Good on you for making that life changing decision. It's a big one to make that's for sure but you will be pleased with it.

There's a couple of lovely Kiwis on the forum who are sure to be in touch.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptyThu 23 Jul 2009, 11:51 pm

HiSutbr, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on making a wonderful lifechanging decision. You are certainly in the right place if you want to read stories of other Kiwi and Aussie sleeve adventurers. Sit back and read on...
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male

PostSubject: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th EmptyThu 23 Jul 2009, 6:11 am

Finally made the committment and booked the date, decided against banding and made the life time change with Sleeve operation by Rob Frs in Auckland, New Zealand. Would love to hear stories from other Kiwi or Aussie members.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th   Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th Empty

Back to top Go down

Kiwi Brent - Sleeve Surgery Date September 28th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Calendar Entries-
Jump to: