new_me_coming
new_me_coming

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009, 2:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can anyone please let me know if they have had there sleeve done by My Giuseppe D'onofrio in Adelaide?? Im new to this group and I am booked in for my sleeve on the 7th of August with Mr D'onofrio,I have been very happy with my meetings with him and he has definatley done very well in explaining everything to me, I am just concerned as i havent heard any feedback at all, I know he hasnt done as many sleeves as Michael France but feel confident that he will look after me, I would just love to hear from anyone who is happy to chat to me as im getting nervous being so close to the op date.
Kelly
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 10:48 am

That sounds wonderful notproud!
I just re-read your diary. How was it being away from your kids? Are you restricted now in that you cant pick them up, etc, while you are recovering?
I have a 4 and 2 yr old...its worrying me how much this operation may impact on them.
Back to top Go down
notproud

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 10:43 am

My recovery has been awesome, absolutely no complaints, I have sailed through.

I spent 3 nights in Calvery hospital. I could have gone home after 2 though but he keeps you for the 3 :)
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 10:39 am

Oh thats great to find some of his patients :)

Angelwithlovehandles, I havent booked in to see anyone at this stage. My PHI doesnt kick in til next October, so I have plenty of time. I'm looking at making my initial appointment with a surgeon early next year. I'd love to hear what you think of both surgeons after your visits...seeing them both is actually not a bad idea, will have to consider that myself!

At face value, after reading their sites, and reading reviews on here (even though Dr France seems to be far more popular) the important difference for me, is the difference in price they both charge.

Choney and notproud, thankyou for your positive comments about Mr D'Onofrio. Choney, what a fantastic weight loss in only 4 months!! How was your recovery?
And notproud, how is your recovery going? How long were you in hospital?
What hospitals does Mr D'Onofrio use?
Back to top Go down
notproud

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 8:40 am

Dr Donofrio did my sleeve last week. Love him great guy, great bed side manner and my op/recovery has been AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Choney

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 8:26 am

Hi All
I have been with Dr Donofrio since earlier this year, and all is great. First I had to get my lap band taken out and 3 months later had my sleeve done.
Have found him great. Was sleeved on July 1st 2010 weighing 178.7kg and today weighed in at 147.3kg, still a long way to go but at such a massive weight I needed something drastic. Can handle slightly more than I anticipated maybe 3/4 of a sandwich etc, but still so much less than before and the results are coing and could be coming so much quicker if I was much stricter
Back to top Go down
Angelwithlovehandles
Angelwithlovehandles

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Waiting on Mr. D'Onofrio appointment   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 1:45 am

Hi,
I have my first appointment with Mr. D'Onofrio in a couple of weeks with a view to getting the sleeve done in early December.
I also have an appointment with Dr Michael France though, so I will be comparing the two surgeons before deciding which one I'll be going with.
When are you booked in to see him? We'll have to compare notes...!
Cheers,
Angel.
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 1:42 am

Just wondering if there is anyone who has recently had, or is waiting, to have their sleeve done by Mr D'Onofrio?
What has your experience been like, and would you happily recommend him?
Back to top Go down
Choney

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 1:36 pm

Hi Possum,
Thanks for sharing such a detailed post, I am also happy with Dr D so far. I have had my band removed and am now waiting my 3 months to be sleeved.......
How long did you stay in hospital with the sleeving and how are you going now on the fluids, think it must be easier than the optifast stage. I am starving at the moment havent started oprtifast yet as need to do it 6 weeks b4 op and I am still probably 10 weeks, but definately not looking forward to it especially with the cold weather coming but it is a must and only a small sacrifice for the future
Back to top Go down
Possum_2010

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re Dr D'Onofrio Adelaide. My Surgeon 2010   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 11:07 am

Hi
Just had to share my experience of Dr D'Onofrio:

I was sleeved in March 2010 by Dr D'Onofrio. I have been happy with the care I have received. Being a Registered Nurse made me quite particular re who my surgeon would be and which hospital I would attend. As I have mentioned elsewhere on the group I wanted to be really private, be a 'normal' patient and not see former nursing colleagues. I have over 25 years of nursing experience and have worked with some of the world best surgeons - hence why I am sooooo very fussy with my health and the health of those I love.

Dr D'Onofrio was thorough in his explanations pre op. He fully discussed my operative options- sleeve or band, my pre op needs (weight loss pre op and why it was needed). He did not push and would not take my decision on the day of first consultation. I had done loads and loads of research prior to our first meeting- consulting my many nursing friends in public and private hospitals here and overseas and also many friends who are surgeons in differing fields. Dr D would only take my decision after making another appt. In hind sight this was so correct of him. During the time I had to wait for the 2nd appt I really challenged my decision. I also had friends who questioned my decision of sleeve and not band. In the end everyone came on board to support me once they had their heads around it.

My teenage son was the hardest to convince. He did not want me to change and was worried that I would be unwell. He came to see me in the Critical Care Unit post op. There my son met Dr D. I now know that he was brave and asked Dr D how it went and would I be ok? To his credit Dr D was fantastic with both my son and husband that evening listening to them and explaining re my care.
Dr D visited every day whilst I was in hospital. He was clear with the nursing staff re his wishes/ plans for me as an individual patient.
Post operatively I have seen Dr D at the 2 week mark and will see him again at the 8 week mark. At the first post op appt Dr D reminded me of the plan of re-introducing food past the fluid stage and what I should expect. He also advised that I can call if I have any issues.
I have also made a commitment to maintain his post op appts over time. I believe that this is not only for my benefit but also aids in collecting hard data re long term success of sleeved patients.

The only thing I would advise is that even though Dr D gives post op info I am the type of person who wants to know more! I have arranged my own Dietician and also Exercise physiologist - without the thousands of dollars to be pre paid as part of a package.
I am happy with this as I have great sources of referral and am now calling in on all those favours I earned over 25 years of nursing.

My decisions of choice of surgeon and hospital have been made to suit me and I understand that they may and will not suit everyone. I am fortunate in my group of fantastic friends and former colleagues who are happy to give their educated opinions. In many ways I am a terrible patient (as they tell me all RNs are) and I even know my being fussy (and bossy????) may make me a bit hyper and not so relaxed with my new post op life so far.
But through it all Dr D has been great- great in his hands on skills and great that he has understood where I have 'come from'. I could ask for nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Choney

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 2:31 pm

Hi I was banded in 2005 by Dr Justin Bessell, have had nothing but trouble so Mr D'Onofrio is removing my band on March 19th at Calvary and then I will wait for my sleeve for 8 - 12 weeks. Am insulin dependant diabetic, which will hopefully change after some weight loss but am getting a little nervous about the whole procedure again, not to mention what will happen for those 3 months that I am without band waiting for sleeve.
Back to top Go down
band2007
band2007

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: D'Onofrio patient - Adelaide - Jan 2010   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2010, 10:18 am

Hi,
Had lapband with him Mar 2007, now about to have it removed (early Feb 2010) and then 3 month wait for sleeve. Would love to have contact with others that have him as their surgeon.
Back to top Go down
bella3
bella3

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 2:04 pm

I was initally because i couldnt get into Dr France until March next year for a first appointment. But his office called and said they could get me in November :D so i went with france seeing that there was such good feedback about him on here.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide_Jo
Part of the furniture
Adelaide_Jo

Female
Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 3:14 pm

bella3..I thought you are a Dr France patient???
Back to top Go down
bella3
bella3

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2009, 4:03 am

hay i have an appointment with him on 6/11/09

howd did you go?? i would love to know before i go
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009, 4:46 pm

Hi Kelly

And welcome i dont know about your surgeon as im in perth but there might be some info on the surgeons thread otherwise maybe you can ask your surgeon to try to arrange for you to meet or talk to one of his patients that has been sleeved goodluck im sure you will be fine Pls let us know how you get on

Cheers Sue Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 63412
Back to top Go down
lucy i
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009, 2:22 pm

Hi Kelly - I'm a patient of Dr France, but I know there is at the very least one of D'onofrio's patients on here.
I haven't heard much about him, but the couple of comments that I have heard is all positive.

Good Luck with your op, and hopefully you can make it to our next get together in September.

Lucy i
Back to top Go down
new_me_coming
new_me_coming

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009, 2:12 pm

Can anyone please let me know if they have had there sleeve done by My Giuseppe D'onofrio in Adelaide?? Im new to this group and I am booked in for my sleeve on the 7th of August with Mr D'onofrio,I have been very happy with my meetings with him and he has definatley done very well in explaining everything to me, I am just concerned as i havent heard any feedback at all, I know he hasnt done as many sleeves as Michael France but feel confident that he will look after me, I would just love to hear from anyone who is happy to chat to me as im getting nervous being so close to the op date.
Kelly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr D'onofrio   Mr D'onofrio - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr D'onofrio
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: