AuthorMessage
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

considering surgery - questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering surgery - questions   considering surgery - questions EmptyTue 03 Jan 2017, 2:26 pm

Please do consider things carefully. I am three years out and not a success at all, and i meet with others who have regained all of their weight too. I am back at surgery weight, I could not change my brain. I still have restriction, along with iron deficiency, aneamia, constant lethargy, malnourishment, depression.... i have spent a lot on therapists to no help in the end. Instead of eating a lot of good foods - the restriction works on proteins really well- , i now eat a lot of junk as it goes down easy and in volumes. I recommend you making sure that you can control eliminating junk food and alcohol now. if you can do that, keep doing that. if you really feel that volumes of good food is the problem, then the sleeve will help, however i find that i have smaller portions but are not satisfied and am hungry again much sooner.... having said that there are a lot of success stories. i really don't know about long term though. and I know they work hard at it. It's about changing the way you eat and what you eat for the rest of your life. the sleeve will only help temporarily. But your brain has to change. All the best to you.
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: considering surgery - questions   considering surgery - questions EmptySun 01 Jan 2017, 11:20 pm

Surgeons have guidelines to follow, but there are plenty of people who have had the sleeve at that BMI.  

It is an adjustment - the surgery does not change your brain.  But I don't think you need to be scared of that, but would thoroughly recommend working through that with a psychologist with experience in the area.
Back to top Go down
Katesupport

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-01-01

PostSubject: considering surgery - questions   considering surgery - questions EmptySun 01 Jan 2017, 3:53 am

Hi there, I am new with lots of questions
I am considering getting the gastric sleeve operation.
My BMI is 36, I am 175 cm and 112 kgs

My question is does that sound too low a BMI to get the surgery done?

I have so many reasons for wanting it done but I realise this is major life changing surgery.

I am desperate to lose this weight I have been carrying around for 15 years.

Is there anything to be scared of with adjusting to what you can eat after the op.

Any advice appreciated,

thanks,

Kate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: considering surgery - questions   considering surgery - questions Empty

Back to top Go down

considering surgery - questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: