AuthorMessage
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow weightloss   slow weightloss EmptyThu 02 Jul 2009, 1:32 am

Hi Tubbybub

Yes my weightloss is slow too but hang in there. In Feb and March the scales stayed the same for 2 whole months then I lost 5kg in April and basically May and June I have been going up and down a couple of kgs so your not on your own. I have tried mixing up my food, going back on Opti, and upping the exercise as well.
I have just come to the conclusion its going to be slow for me, but I will never give up. I have lost nearly 30kgs so I am happy about that and I will be so pleased when I lose the next couple of kgs and get under 100kg. You will probably hear me all over Perth and I think I will have to have a big celebration!!!!!
Good luck Tub - keep us posted on how you go and if you have any new ideas to shift these kilos please let me know.
hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow weightloss   slow weightloss EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 2:39 pm

Be very aware of getting enough fluids when you do up your exercise- especially if you are working up a sweat.
Back to top Go down
tubbybub
tubbybub

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-06-06

slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: slow weightloss   slow weightloss EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 2:29 pm

Thankyou Ladies
I think I have to up the exersize a bit. I am basicly a couch potato although I have been walking at least half an hour every day....obviously not nearly enough.
I knowI am consuming well under 1000 calories a day but not as much water as I should some days. Well..here I go.... from tomorrow I will make sure I work up a sweat and see what happens from here.
Is there anybody else out there who has had such a small weightloss??????
Thanks again for listening
Tub
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow weightloss   slow weightloss EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 2:53 am

Hi Tubbybub and welcome.

Don't give up......use this site for all the advice it can give you and definitely use it to vent your frustration...we're all here for you. Plateaus suck big time but they do happen and you can move through it.

Take Deb and Mama's advice and trick those kilos into coming off.

Best of luck and let us know what happens.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow weightloss   slow weightloss EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:13 pm

Hi Tubbybub, Mama's advice is spot on, so nothing to add there. Also, don't forget that you did not have a lot to lose in the first place. Unfortunately as our bodies get closer to our goals they get rather stubborn about hanging on to those last kgs. If you are only 15kg from your goal this could be happening for you. As Mama said, you need to do something to shake things up a bit whether it be exercise or some other change to your routine. Your dietician would be a wonderful place to start. Best of luck and please let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
Mama
Sponsor
Mama

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-18

slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow weightloss   slow weightloss EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:47 pm

Don't get down and definitely don't give up! There's a plateaux thread somewhere .. we all have them. Looks like the kilos might move slowly for you - that's been true for me and others on the site - but it's very likely to keep inching down. You can do things to get the scales moving again - cutting out ALL grazing between meals and exercise always brings a drop for me. Others go on Optifast for a while or count calories or limit carbs. The sleeve is a great tool .... be creative in how you use it. Your dietician can probably help. Keep reading and talking ... all will be well.

Mama
Back to top Go down
tubbybub
tubbybub

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-06-06

slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: slow weightloss   slow weightloss EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:00 pm

Hi all,
I have been reading all your posts and you all seem so successful with your weightloss.
I had the lapband and had all sorts of problems so had it removed 2 years ago. I was sleeved 9 weeks ago and have only lost 10kg. No loss at all in the last 4 weeks. I am now sitting on 70kg but I am only 5 foot tall so I need to lose another 15kg. I have a horrible feeling that this is it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

slow weightloss Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow weightloss   slow weightloss Empty

Back to top Go down

slow weightloss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: