AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE??   dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016, 12:56 pm

If you go to a surgeon whose done numerous surgeries before you wont be 'experimented' on.  You will be having surgery with a expert who your paying to do the surgery.  To do the best for you during that surgery.  I also agree with the below comments you need to feel comfortable with your surgeon.  If not, find another in my opinion. 
dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? 725676   Better to feel safe, than sorry.   dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? 65317

I wouldn't be taking whats written here about how many leaks each doctor has had, as truth. I wouldn't know how to prove the person typing the info is the doctor or there representative.  Although, I don't think I have read too many posts that actually say that...
I might have missed them.

For me that info should really come from the surgeon you choose to see, or his/her office. 
You really should talk to the/a surgeon, and ask those questions. 
or maybe somewere like the AMA keeps records re issues, or some govt depatment.  I do know there's a website that tells you if your surgeon has a warning or restriction (I can't remember the word).
Maybe someone remembers what that site is...

Good lkuck with your investigations!
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE??   dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm

Hi Mermaid

I have seen on here a pic with various size bougies and there is little difference between them. my surgeon seemed to use a smaller one but never asked me about it and I never asked him about it. I went to him for his expertise and assume he will make the right decision.

Not sure if he used a smaller bougie because I had a lot of weight to lose, or that is just the size he uses.

I can see why you might be concerned about contradictory information and if it worries you I would raise it with the surgeon, or his office.

When I asked my surgeon about complications he told me he had 2 leaks and they were brothers.

I am now more than 18mths out from my surgery and am happy with my results.

My surgeon was Dr Davis Martin from Strathfield and I chose him because he seemed to be really well qualified for this and other surgeries and in fact has taught other doctors how to do the sleeve.

Good luck with your surgery no matter who you go with.
Back to top Go down
Fat-to-Fit
Part of the furniture
Fat-to-Fit

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE??   dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 10:32 am

Hi mermaid, I asked my surgeon about bougie size, as I had seen it discussed in my pre surgery research. He said that in the early days they used to use a larger size ( I don't remember the exact size details) but found that restriction longer term was not as good, and so, a number of years later, a new standard size was recommended. I'm not sure about any other surgeons, but I know that mine would not have given me a say in which instruments he used, he just explained what I've just said, and then told me that he used standard, approved, and proven tools. I think the most important thing is to feel comfortable with whoever you choose, which will in turn give you assurance that s/he will use the most appropriate equipment for you & take the best care of you. I'm 5 months post op, and as krakow said, it's fairly common practice to have a barium swallow in hospital, post op, to ensure there are no leaks , I had that done as well. I had a 'standard' size bougie, no leaks, and have lost 27 kg - and still all good 5 mths post op ! All the best !
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE??   dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 3:20 am

mermaid,

Forgot to add, that I had a barium meal Leak Test post op, while still in the hospital.
All was fine    :)

Just gave me the runs ..... the barium meal ....
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE??   dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 3:17 am

Thanks for the videos, mermaid

And welcome dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? 355206

I will have a look at them soon.

I can't give you any advice, however I am now in my 6th week post op, and still here with no leaks !

It is a tough decision, and I decided to through with it.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
mermaid

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-04-05

PostSubject: dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE??   dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016, 3:33 pm

Hello everyone..im new on here and havent yet been sleeved, but currently looking at a few surgeons in Sydney...

I have read great reviews about quite a few so I decided to look into them and learn more about the sleeve

I came across some things which I am quite concerned about...

I was looking at some videos on youtube, mainly watching how the sleeve is perfomed...they were videos by the Oclinic, Dr Craig Taylor...
I noticed that it said in the video description all the brands he was using for the tools, and the size of the bougie is 32fr..in the comments, however, someone said it didnt look like a 32 bougie and the stomach looked big.

the response was " ACTUALLY THE BOUGIE IS 28.5FR WHICH IS QUITE SMALL"

this is concerning to me as anything under 32 is not to standard..but what also concerns me is stating a 32 is used in the description, then in the comments sayings it is 28.5!

in another video posted by the oclinic in 2010, it said up until then they had 2 leaks in 700 sleeve operations..yet, everywhere on this board even in 2012, it is claimed that the oclinic never had a  leak...

i dont have a problem with 2 leaks in 700 cases, or a surgeon to decide to use a smaller 28.5 bougie...what im concerned about is, why are patients being told different?? shouldnt they decide if they want a 28.5 or 32 fr bougie??

I just..dont want to be experimented upon, or not being given the truth to...with that said,who knows what other surgeons arent telling the public....including deaths or other major complications...

this just makes me very very nervous....any thoughts??

I am posting the videos, you have the check the  comments under the videos for both

2 leaks

re:28.5 bougie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE??   dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE?? Empty

Back to top Go down

dr Craig Taylor SIZE 28.5 BOUGIE??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: