8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonsheba
Dragonsheba

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-10-26

Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle Empty
PostSubject: Me too   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015, 9:54 pm

I just started a thread to keep track and ask about those starting out over 175. first of all Good Luck! And I will be joining you on the 11 February in Wagga Wagga My surgeon is Dr Williams. xxxGin
Back to top Go down
Sha91
Sha91

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptySun 06 Dec 2015, 12:34 pm

I'm going with Dr Tsang from the Keyhole Surgery Clinic in Hurstville.
I know I'm not sure I could do it without all this help from other sleevers! I think the people I have told are sick of hearing about the surgery because it's all I talk about now! Lol
I wish it was tomorrow, I just want to get it done and over with now! 44 days and counting:)
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2015-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptySun 06 Dec 2015, 9:39 am

Thanks everyone for replying, I don't feel so alone now lol it's going to be a long haul starting from this weight but at least we are doing something about it.

Sha- I am going thru the Oclinic at Crows Nest and getting done at Concord Hospital in Feb, I'm really nervous too yet so excited and ready for it. This forum is great, you can ask anything and there is always someone to answer you.
 Who are you going thru?
Back to top Go down
Sha91
Sha91

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptySat 05 Dec 2015, 12:01 pm

Hi all :)

RacyTracey, I'm also booked in for surgery in January, in Sydney.
What surgeon are you seeing?

I am also extremely scared but also very excited. I think (and hope) that this is the way everyone is before the surgery!
I am also new to this forum but have read online how important it is to have the support of others who are going through and have been through the same journey. I'm hoping this is what I can gain from being on here and eventually down the line, help others who decide to take this journey.

Sha
Back to top Go down
Travelling_bombshell
Travelling_bombshell

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2015-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptySat 05 Dec 2015, 4:32 am

Hey racytracey,

I'm starting at 154kg... BMI 54...
It's daunting but I know this will be the best thing for my health.

I'm in Adelaide and I was told my surgery date will be March 9th!!!
Need to lose 10-15kg first though.
Back to top Go down
MrMick
Part of the furniture
MrMick

Male
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptySat 21 Nov 2015, 7:43 pm

I say 143.5 but that is just because my scales only went that far! current weight low 60's
Back to top Go down
http://www.lawnmowingbrisbane.com
Eshalia
Eshalia

Female
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2015-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptySat 21 Nov 2015, 2:24 pm

My surgery date isn't until Jan 28.... 

Wellllllll over 150, BMI is somewhere around 65. Weight seems to be merrily creeping up partly due to medications that will hopefully cease with surgery. 

Ive been reading a lot of posts and its been interesting to see the Dr goal vs the persons goal. 

My Dr and I have the same opinion on the end goal. If I can get to about a size 16 I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptyMon 02 Nov 2015, 9:17 pm

See my ticker.  If you look around, there are plenty here that started over the 150 mark.  It's daunting, but doable.
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptyMon 02 Nov 2015, 10:53 am

I know there have been a few who started out bigger than most, but I am starting from 135kg which is the biggest I've seen currently. How tall are you? I'm 165cm making my BMI an OCD satisfying almost 50! I have always had a LOT of muscle though, so being so big I know I will burn calories and drop weight super fast to start off with. So excited!
If your doc is happy to operate then you shouldn't worry :) some of us can just carry around more I guess!
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2015-10-31

PostSubject: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle EmptyMon 02 Nov 2015, 10:36 am

Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle 355206 Hi there everyone, I have been looking at this forum for a week or so now and decided to just jump in and join in, I had my first initial consultation today with a surgeon in Sydney, just waiting now for super approval then hopefully surgery in January.
Wow what a decision it was to do this, I am so scared but so excited at the same time.
I am ashamed to say I am starting at a pretty high weight 150+ but as i scroll thru here I dont seem to see many that are starting out so high which makes me very nervous!! Any advise or help would be great or just maybe someone from around my area.
Anyway you'll see me posting about from now, checking you all out lol.

All the best everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle   Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie - anyone else 150kg plus when starting out?? From Newcastle
Page 1 of 1