AuthorMessage
Shellec

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-09-27

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: ideas for protein   Introduction EmptySun 27 Sep 2015, 8:08 am

Hi there,
thanks for the reply. Yes I have spoken to my dietician but not since I have come out of hospital (Yesterday). 
I have been checking in with my girlfriend who had hers done five weeks ago but she had real difficulty with proteins, shakes and just about anything but watermelon and icy poles. 

I am managing fine on soups, yoghurt, pourable custard, milk, juice and water but I cant drink the shakes fast enough before they go solid, lol. 

So I wondered what others used to supplement things. Someone said to blend an egg into the soup or mash some avocado (which is the only vegie with protein) but I wondered if that was okay to do? Should I buy some of the protein powder the weight lifters use and add that to soup...is it okay and does it taste any good?
I look forward to more helpful advice.
Michelle
Back to top Go down
mazela
mazela

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-09-20

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun 27 Sep 2015, 7:13 am

hi there- iam yet to be sleeved ( 15th dec) is my date-

have you spoken to your dietitican,,

also google and work your way around this site for helpful hints

i believe you can have protein shakes and they will provide protein as well as vegies from the soups..

• . your dietician will instruct you to modify your diet for the first 4 weeks.
  • You will be asked to adhere to a LIQUID FOOD DIET for the first 2 weeks folllowing your procedure.
  • Once you have completed 2 weeks of a liquid diet following your procedure, you will upgrade to a PUREE FOOD DIET for the next 2 weeks.
  • Once you have completed 2 weeks of a puree diet, you can upgrade onto solid food. In other words, you will commence on SOLID FOOD 4 weeks after your procedure.
  • Your dietician will provide you with written instructions about every phase of your post operative diet.
  • Listed below are a few dishes you may have while on a LIQUID DIET;
Back to top Go down
Shellec

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-09-27

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun 27 Sep 2015, 5:34 am

Hi My name is Michelle and I am a new sleever. 23/9/2015 was the first day of the rest of my life but now it is Sunday and I am thinking...what the heck did I do and what can I eat other than soup? 
I have little pain or discomfort controlled with panadol capsules and am managing on one now instead of two but am already sick of fluids especially soup! Introduction 64827 

So what I would like to know is how did other sleevers get their protein into themselves in the first two weeks. I would love any help please. x M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1