Cortisone injections in SI joints before/after surgery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nickers

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2014-11-07

Cortisone injections in SI joints before/after surgery Empty
PostSubject: Cortisone injections in SI joints before/after surgery   Cortisone injections in SI joints before/after surgery EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015, 7:08 am

Hi All, my sacro illiac joints are giving me a ton of grief at the moment and know I need to go back to see about getting cortisone injections in them.   I think this is a no-no before surgery for a certain period?  Has any one been told they need to avoid them prior to surgery and if so what time frame?

I have called the surgeons office go ask but he's away and won't be able to get back to me until next week which only brings it closer to surgery.  Plus the joints are now locking and I'm pretty much immobile for a few hours every evening - don't know its only happening at night but that is apparently common.   The only thing that helps is Valium and I'm pretty sure they won't keep handing those out...

I've tried googling but i can only find info on injections into a joint that is going to be replaced....

Thanks all
Back to top Go down

Cortisone injections in SI joints before/after surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: