AuthorMessage
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 9:35 am

Dr Kiroff did an awesome on my sleeve. Highly recommend him. Plus Tess does the hard yards.

@dd5290 - it's not the end of the world to wait for PHI to get the right surgeon. Dr Kiroff is a magic worker in my books. Plus after PHI (top cover with GMHBA), he wasn't anywhere near as expensive for out of pocket expenses as the figures quoted here even when taking the cost of 12 months of top notch PHI.

Ask Tess to organize a quote against your favorite PHI at various levels.

Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
dd5290
dd5290

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 11:52 am

has anyone who has seen Dr Kiroff, got a letter off him to send to apra, im just curious because im going to need one & his office said he doesnt do them
Back to top Go down
dd5290
dd5290

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 12:56 am

Starry

no idea, im paying for myself & they gave me a quote which i was very happy with

some people told me they were $6000 + out of pocket with private insurance, so add the cost on to that also around $1500 approx thats $7500.00 to start & 12mths wait, its costing me less than $15000 & im getting done in Nov, would be sooner but i live in mt gambier & my boss is on long service leave so i cant get away until then

the lady in his office is FANTASTIC ring her i think you be pleasantly surprised - i can wait to meet them both in person & get my op done, most of my stuff has been done over the phone & they have gone out of their way to help me, my first appoint with Dr Kiroff is actually after i see the nurses etc, they good
Back to top Go down
Starry888

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyWed 17 Aug 2011, 12:52 pm

I don't know why that came up twice :S
Back to top Go down
Starry888

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyWed 17 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

So after paying the 12 months health cover how much does George Charge?
Back to top Go down
Starry888

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyWed 17 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

So after paying the 12 months health cover how much does George Charge?
Back to top Go down
dd5290
dd5290

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 5:33 am

FatHatter wrote:
Hi - George is so bloody expensive. I think he has a monopoly in Geelong for the sleeves so he charges whatever he wants. Not sure how good a surgeoh he is as I have heard a few people who have had problems. I think in Melbourne, you would be able to get a Doctor who has done the procedure many more times and may be more experienced than George...and may be more reasonable in pricing. Just my 2 bobs worth.

im coming from mt gamiber sa, to see george he is my backup- i am self funded & thought his price to be on par - the private hospital is the expensive bit, if i get done in rural vic i would save nearly half, BUT have heard good stories about him - have appointment to see him & will use him if rural vic takes to long. I have all my appointments booked for geelong & will have operation 1mth after seeing George could have been quicker BUT im going on holidays
Back to top Go down
comforteater
comforteater

Female
Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 7:55 am

George is working his magic on me tomorrow ..... gulp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scared and excited!!!! Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria 473426 I need friends :)
any geelong ladies interested in chatting in more detail??
Back to top Go down
taikenzie

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyWed 13 Apr 2011, 11:35 am

Hi

Just wandering if there is anyone else out there who has had the procedure done by Prof. George Kirroff?
I am meeting with him next Tuesday.....
Back to top Go down
karen67

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:52 am

HI,

George kirroff was my surgeon too. I found him to be wonderful very proffessional , and so far ( only 4 months out) no problems other than the normal ones.... I did have the RNY bypass tho, not the sleeve so cant speak for that...... TESS is gorgeous too...
Back to top Go down
Jay

Male
Number of posts : 11
Location : I live in Lara, Victoria, Australia but had the op' in Geelong by Dr. George Kiroff.
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Want to know about the op?   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

Read the whole forum.
Jay
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:38 am

Hi lotus

Just pm'ed you =)
Back to top Go down
lotus

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:31 am

Hi Jay,
Just enquiring about George, I was banded and as I have had complications and now band is about to come out, I am looking at the sleeve procedure.
I am looking at what sort of costs is associated and can you fill me in on after surgery and how did you go with meals and what sort of foods/timelines did you come across. I also live in Geelong and due to travel with work find it hard to get appointments to see doctors as I am only home at weekends.
Hope you can give alot of advice.
Thanks Heaps. xx
Back to top Go down
Jay

Male
Location : I live in Lara, Victoria, Australia but had the op' in Geelong by Dr. George Kiroff.

PostSubject: Expensive???   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 8:49 am

I think you should really check on the 'cheapies' very carefully. There ain't no free lunches here. And remember too that nothing good comes cheap. You'll remember the cost once but you'll remember the quality forever. George is very professional and has done many of these operations. And don't forget that today's cost is the cheapest. When I found out it would cost around $20,000 I took out private medical insurance (top level) for twelve months then I had it done. I also had my right knee replaced (same cost, different doctor) for the same amount. So that year I had $40,000 worth of operations for the cost of 12 mths health fees. Try it.
Jay
Back to top Go down
FatHatter
FatHatter

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 2:47 am

Hi - George is so bloody expensive. I think he has a monopoly in Geelong for the sleeves so he charges whatever he wants. Not sure how good a surgeoh he is as I have heard a few people who have had problems. I think in Melbourne, you would be able to get a Doctor who has done the procedure many more times and may be more experienced than George...and may be more reasonable in pricing. Just my 2 bobs worth.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 9:46 am

OK but don't forget you can't reverse this op' - it's for good!!!
Jay
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 7:34 am

I'm used to the small meal thing, was banded before this (came out last year), so that should be ok. I've put on a wad of weight since my band came out, so I'm actively trying to avoid enjoying my meals =p
Back to top Go down
Jay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 1:13 am

Yeah,
That'll be Tess. She's a lovely mid-age lady (I tell her she's 30!) with the most outgoing attitude you'll ever come across.
Enjoy your food while you can. It can be fairly difficult to adjust to small meals afterwards - as you'll see.
Hoo-roo,
Jay
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 5:52 am

Well, I've made my appointment - he's a busy man, I can't get in until May! Not that it matters, I have to wait until December for my surgery anyway. His receptionist sounded absolutely lovely, too!
Back to top Go down
Jay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:28 am

Go for it! All you gotta lose is your weight!
Jay
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:07 am

Thanks Jay,

I'll ring his rooms tomorrow and organise an appointment. Oooheerrr!
Back to top Go down
Jay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 9:10 pm

I found George to be a very prefessional man in every sense. He doesn't have much of a sense of humour
but that's George. His after care is very good; he more than cares for his patients and you will find him to be very attentive.
I recommend George most highly and you will not be disappointed with him. Go and see him for at least an initial consultation
and take ALL your questions with you. But remember I had a sleeve/tube gastrectomy and not a lap-band. I had 80% of my stomach removed and therefore cannot eat large meals; in fact only very small meals. For the first couple of days I could only take water - 30mls every hour and so I lost about four Kgs in hospital before I came out. It is possible to train one's stomach to stretch to fit in more food but that is crazy and defeats the object. To date I've lost 12 Kg (about 26 Lb) but I still have to walk, exersise, etc., to get it off.
Go see George; have a chat and see what he thinks - he is the expert! He has done many op's of this nature and I trust him
completely.
All the best,
Jay
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 6:58 am

lol!

How did you find George as a surgeon? Had he done many sleeving surgeries and had he had any leaks? How did you find his after care?
Depending on your answers I might book a consultation with him.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Jay

Male

PostSubject: Am I still around?   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010, 3:22 am

Yes, I am still around but not as "round" as I was. I'm down 12 Kg now and working to get under 90Kg in
two months time. I am at present 92Kg and don't like Georges scales in his office because I like to weigh naked
and not in my jeans, etc., like in Georges. So, Dur to that!
Seek you round like a Jaffa.
Jay
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria EmptySun 14 Feb 2010, 4:53 am

I'm just wondering if Jay is still around, and, if not, if anyone else who visits the forum has been sleeved by this Dr?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria   Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr. George Kiroff - Geelong, Victoria
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next