AuthorMessage
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

The beginning of my journey... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   The beginning of my journey... EmptyMon 03 Aug 2015, 1:24 am

Thanks Joybells for your reply. I have called my GP this morning and have an appointment with her to get a referral on Wednesday morning, so that's the first step I guess!
Back to top Go down
Joybells
Part of the furniture
Joybells

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   The beginning of my journey... EmptyMon 03 Aug 2015, 1:02 am

Hi Lisa, all the best for your journey.
Every dr has a different schedule so time will vary depending on if you need to also have appointments with psychologists and dietician. 
Try the surgeons pages at the bottom of this forum and you may find info there about your surgeon. Or alternatively type his name in the search area to see who has mentioned him.
A good read is to look through the monthly sleevers pages as many tell there experiences under there operation month.
Personally I only had to see my surgeons g.p. To give my medical history and ask questions. Once I agreed to go ahead I got an appointment with my surgeon. This took around 6 weeks. Once seeing the surgeon I then had another 6 weeks til op as he wanted me to be on the optifast diet to loose at least 8 kgs preop.
Each Drs waiting list for ops are different lengths also.
You can use this time to ring the surgeons receptionist to get all the information and costs.
Ring your health fund once you have the provider numbers and check you are covered. Some health funds have changed recently and don't cover on lower tables after end sept.
Read and research as much as you can as it's helpful to get prepared for after surgery.
The surgeons receptionist is the one most helpful with your questions so have a list prepared before you ring.
The beginning of my journey... 120705 The beginning of my journey... 120705 Wishing you a great journey.
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: The beginning of my journey...   The beginning of my journey... EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 12:37 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm Lisa, another newbie! Tomorrow marks the beginning of my journey - I'm making an appointment to see my GP to ask for a referral. I don't know how she'll respond, but after 2 years of thinking about it and researching all the options I'm sure the sleeve is the best option for me. I'm determined to at least get a referral to discuss the option with a surgeon. So if she refuses I'll have to look for another GP.

A bit about me: I'm 49, Live with my husband and our three boys - 19, 15 and 12 - on the Bellarine Peninsula in Victoria. My nearest major centre is Geelong and I'll be asking for a referral to Darrin Goodall-Wilson (so if anyone has feedback about him I'd love to hear it!) 

I haven't been fat all my life but I have struggled with food since I was a teenager. I spent most of my twenties starving myself to stay skinny. I've yo-yo dieted since then and tried pretty much everything you can think of  - Weight Watchers, Paleo, 5:2, calorie counting, Isagenix, Optifast etc etc.

Now i've made up my mind, I really want to get things moving as fast as possible. I'd love to hear from the rest of you as to how long it was from your first surgeon's appointment to your sleeve.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beginning of my journey...   The beginning of my journey... Empty

Back to top Go down

The beginning of my journey...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: