AuthorMessage
Sutika
Part of the furniture
Sutika

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-17

Desperately in need of support, slowly dying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need of support, slowly dying   Desperately in need of support, slowly dying EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 2:02 am

That's great Grneyz, good to hear. We are far away geographically but not far at all with the magic of the web :) I am not sure what GI means but some kind of doctor obviously so that's good news. Hang in there!!!!!!! We are all sending good wishes to you in NY.
Back to top Go down
Grneyz76

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need of support, slowly dying   Desperately in need of support, slowly dying EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 8:27 pm

Thank you so much for the support. I had no idea that you all were so far away it was the only forum I could find for support. I'm fortunate to have a G.I. appointment tomorrow where I'm going to demand treatment or be arrested in sick and tired of starving slowly in front of healthy, rich doctors.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need of support, slowly dying   Desperately in need of support, slowly dying EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 12:48 pm

Hi Grneyz76, You sound like you are in a very serious condition.  I know that I would like to help and many people who read this post will also, but we are a long way away and have a different health care system to yours so may not be able to give you the advice that will guide you into what to do.

If you were here, I would say to take yourself to the nearest Hosptial Emergency Unit.  From what you describe, I can't imagine that you would be turned away.  However, over there in the US, I know there are all sorts of insurance hoops to jump through etc. so I am not sure where you stand in that area.

Please don't wait for 2 weeks.  Push and hassle and demand assistance from your surgeon, the local doctor or go to a hospital.  If you are not getting fluid in, this is incredibly serious!

Best wishes, and please let us know how you are soon.
Back to top Go down
Sutika
Part of the furniture
Sutika

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need of support, slowly dying   Desperately in need of support, slowly dying EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 2:57 am

Agree with Joybells, can you seek an alternative opinion?

Wishing you the very best, and hope you can get the help you need soon.
Back to top Go down
Joybells
Part of the furniture
Joybells

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need of support, slowly dying   Desperately in need of support, slowly dying EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 2:14 am

I feel very in adequate to even reply, but just want to send you a few big hugs.Desperately in need of support, slowly dying 217555Desperately in need of support, slowly dying 217555Desperately in need of support, slowly dying 217555

Please don't give up, you deserve understanding and health care. If you are so unwell can you go to an emergency department and be re-assessed as I understand you can,t do this alone. So sorry you have had to go through so much. If only we could turn back time.
Thinking of you in a very special way.          joybells an Aussie sleever
Back to top Go down
Grneyz76

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-31

PostSubject: Desperately in need of support, slowly dying   Desperately in need of support, slowly dying EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015, 11:36 pm

Hi every one! I am in need of support because I'm slowly starving too death from the sleeve, 3 &1/2 years post op I was at an optimal weight and nutrition then like the flip of a switch something went severely wrong. Pancreatic Insufficiency, and delayed gastric emptying. I lost 40 lbs in 9 weeks and can't keep anything in. I have been hospitalized both mentally and physically my surgeon suggested a feeding tube be placed in my side but I wasn't strong enough for surgery my heart rate was 30-40bpm do they placed one up my nose to get me ready, I was scheduled and ready to go in the next day by General surgery and the bariatric team over rode it pulled my feeding tube referred me to other Bariatric surgeons and discharged me to my GI dr in a week I've lost another 6 lbs can't eat anything at all but drink ensure and mentally I'm very unstable. I can feel myself dying. It hurts I have 3 small children 2 that live with their father and I know I should be in another hospital right now but I feel like I won't live until my next visit in 2 weeks. 4 years ago I was so excited 310lbs, 5'7" now I'm 116 & dropping every minute. My beloved surgeon has abandoned me and I'm lost with no answers right now. I have an appt. With my GI on Monday I just hope I make it. Please help guide me, share experience strength and hope please mine is lost right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperately in need of support, slowly dying   Desperately in need of support, slowly dying Empty

Back to top Go down

Desperately in need of support, slowly dying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: