PostSubject: Sleepy   Need to nap after eating EmptyMon 08 Jun 2015, 3:57 am

Thanks so much everybody
Back to top Go down
Candy

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2015-05-13

Need to nap after eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to nap after eating   Need to nap after eating EmptyFri 05 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

Hi Angie, 

My eldest daughter's name is Angela, she likes to be called Angie or Ange. 

I think your body just needs to rest and repair, your body has had a massive shock and it's telling you it needs rest, you must listen to your body. It's not the same for everyone, some take longer than others to feel well again.  Speak to your GP, personally I would also get a liquid multivitamin, they are absorbed faster or the chewable ones that most dieticians recommend. Also when you have a blood test next ask your GP to make sure to test your thyroid, I think a lot of  GP's overlook this and it certainly doesn't hurt. 

I have an under active thyroid and it was not discovered till I was in my 40's no one thought to test for it and it used to make me really tired, I was sleeping all the time until I was able to get my medication under control.
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Need to nap after eating   Need to nap after eating EmptyFri 05 Jun 2015, 10:11 am

I was getting really tired around that time. So much I was struggling to eat and work and get things done. I ended up taking some more time off work to get used to things. I'm almost 11 weeks out now, back at work for the last three weeks, back at the gym and have heaps more energy! Hang in there it gets better😊
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Need to nap after eating   Need to nap after eating EmptyThu 04 Jun 2015, 10:33 am

Hi Angie, 

I certainly did feel really low in energy and a bit washed out for quite a few weeks after my surgery (I didn't get sleepy though).  You mentioned being pre-diabetic, so if you are concerned, then don't hesitate to see your GP. It is possible for this to be more than low energy, even if it's probably nothing.  Only you know exactly how you feel so if it's bothering you, go and get the worries ruled out by your doctor so you can relax.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Need to nap after eating   Need to nap after eating EmptyThu 04 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

Yes, I always find I get very tired and sleepy after a meal even after 2 years. Not sure of the physiological reasons. Probably because a lot of blood is directed to the intestines to pick up nutrients after a large meal combined with the changes in insulin metabolism. I have no history or indications of diabetes at all.

cheers Nini

Last edited by Nini on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture
Bellaballerina33

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Need to nap after eating   Need to nap after eating EmptyThu 04 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

Hi Angie, the tiredness is normal, your body is trying to adjust to getting so many less calories. Over time and with continued vigilance with vitamins, eating well and hydrating yourself, you will start to get more energy, I promise. I was a massive worrier in the early days, but now I have do much energy, my house is spotless and Im bouncing off the walls looking for more to do.
Back to top Go down
AngieG

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-04-23

PostSubject: Need to nap after eating   Need to nap after eating EmptyThu 04 Jun 2015, 5:23 am

I'm in week 5 and still quite tired. After each little meal I get very, very sleepy. I've been trying to research why that might be and have found this can be true for diabetics after a carb meal. I am pre-diabetic, but I'm not eating carbs, just protein, dairy and veg. Anyone else get this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to nap after eating   Need to nap after eating Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to nap after eating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: