2 posters
AuthorMessage
GW
GW

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Finally going to do this!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally going to do this!!   Finally going to do this!! EmptyThu 04 Jun 2015, 3:46 am

pixiesmum wrote:
2015-06-03

Hi all,

Well I have lurked around this and other bariatric surgery sites for quite some time now and after much research and consideration I am have an appointment with my GP to ask for a referral. So I have decided to introduce myself now as this is where the journey begins for me.

I have battled my weight for far too many years and always been on the losing side! My weight has been in triple figures for the best part of 6 years now and with officially being morbidly obese I need to get back to a sensible weight before I end up with health issues.

So a bit of history

Heaviest weight  115kg         BMI 43.3
Optifast diet prior to gall bladder removal Feb 14   104Kg      BMI 39.1
At Gall Bladder removal lump discovered on duodenum next to pyloric sphincter - Investigations and possibility of most of stomach and duodenum removed due to this - thankfully completely benign and has been there all my life! Time to celebrate Finally going to do this!! 542174

Unfortunately weight creeping up again.

1 June 15  109Kg       BMI 41

I know I have a fatty liver so I have started optifast  twice a day and evening meal now to get as much off as possible before I go to surgeon and hopefully I won't have to wait too long before I get a date for surgery.

I have read both the good, the bad and the down right horrific stories on this site and I believe it is one of the best for candid, non judgmental support and advice which I believe has helped me make my decision.  Thank you
Welcome Pixiesmum.  Your numbers sound a bit like mine pre-surgery.  I am ten weeks out now and down to 93.5kg.  I am not losing weight as fast as others, but I am taller (176cm) so my BMI was not as high as others.  I have lost 18kg so far.  I had very few problems with it, just a bit of diarrhea and constipation that has resolved itself with lactose free milk and increased water intake.  I wish you well on your journey and I just wanted to let you know that I haven't regretted my decision for a second.  Good luck!
Back to top Go down
pixiesmum
pixiesmum

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-05-24

Finally going to do this!! Empty
PostSubject: Finally going to do this!!   Finally going to do this!! EmptyWed 03 Jun 2015, 1:00 pm

2015-06-03

Hi all,

Well I have lurked around this and other bariatric surgery sites for quite some time now and after much research and consideration I am have an appointment with my GP to ask for a referral. So I have decided to introduce myself now as this is where the journey begins for me.

I have battled my weight for far too many years and always been on the losing side! My weight has been in triple figures for the best part of 6 years now and with officially being morbidly obese I need to get back to a sensible weight before I end up with health issues.

So a bit of history

Heaviest weight  115kg BMI 43.3
Optifast diet prior to gall bladder removal Feb 14 104Kg BMI 39.1
At Gall Bladder removal lump discovered on duodenum next to pyloric sphincter - Investigations and possibility of most of stomach and duodenum removed due to this - thankfully completely benign and has been there all my life! Time to celebrate Finally going to do this!! 542174

Unfortunately weight creeping up again.

1 June 15 109Kg BMI 41

I know I have a fatty liver so I have started optifast twice a day and evening meal now to get as much off as possible before I go to surgeon and hopefully I won't have to wait too long before I get a date for surgery.

I have read both the good, the bad and the down right horrific stories on this site and I believe it is one of the best for candid, non judgmental support and advice which I believe has helped me make my decision. Thank you
Back to top Go down

Finally going to do this!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: