Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?

Go down 
+4
youngbelle
Suze61
Nini
Bellaballerina33
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Firsttime
Firsttime

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-05-16

What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm

I work with males so 'lady procedure' worked perfectly. They really don't want to ask about that!!!

Im being sleeved next month. Apart from how are you feeling I know I won't get any other questions.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyWed 03 Jun 2015, 1:31 pm

I alluded in the lady parts department without actually saying it when discussing time off for surgery with work. They knew most of the details they needed, just that it wasnt life threatening or anything super bad health wise, just some 'maintenance' was needed :)

Anyone I cared enough about knew what I was in for, but that circle was quite small - anyone else was told hernia operation.
Back to top Go down
MissyMagic

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyWed 03 Jun 2015, 11:13 am

I just allude to sorting some lady things and that's the end of any discussion :)
Back to top Go down
Lmw93579
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyTue 02 Jun 2015, 4:24 am

I just told people I had an preventative operation to ensure I had less problems in the future and if they asked about the food I said I had committed to some big lifestyle changes so that I could reach my goals. To be honest I told close friends but the only other place I got asked about it was work and I kept it vague for them. You don't need to over complicate it, most people just want to know you're ok
Back to top Go down
youngbelle

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyTue 02 Jun 2015, 12:43 am

I personally said gall bladder, it's believable similar healing time.
Diet isn't a major factor I had to explain. 
That was just me but it's a pretty common procedure I do know there's the possibility of having it removed later but gall bladder was just easier to talk about.
Whatever you decide just be confident in what you're talking about and that anyone who knows the truth knows the cover surgery you're getting.
Back to top Go down
Suze61
Part of the furniture
Suze61

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyMon 01 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm

My hubby has told a couple of the guys at work, who need to know when he has time off, that I am having a 'ladies' operation!
They don't ask anything else after that.  LOL!!!!!
Confused LOL What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? 2329
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyMon 01 Jun 2015, 10:02 am

Try a Hiatus Hernia repair or a Nissan's Fundoplication.  Both are operations on the stomach which have similar lap sites incisions, recovery times and food restrictions to the Sleeve. Research them on the internet in case people ask you questions about the operation.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture
Bellaballerina33

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyMon 01 Jun 2015, 9:53 am

You could say hiatus hernia, though I'm not sure about the eating restrictions. I had one done at the same time as my sleeve, definately took longer to recover from that than the sleeve. Some peole say gall bladder, but you may need that out later anyway. I guess you don't necessarily need to make one up, just say you had 'a procedure'??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? EmptyMon 01 Jun 2015, 9:47 am

I was just trying to find surgeries with similar types of recovery like that of when they cut out parts of the intestines for crohn's disease etc. I'd like to know what kind of surgeries have similar types of recovery (being on liquids for 2 weeks after then mushy food then solid).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?   What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead? Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of surgery can I pretend I had instead?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: