Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Excited to be beginning my journey (Perth WA)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mumma Bear

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-06-01

Excited to be beginning my journey (Perth WA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited to be beginning my journey (Perth WA)   Excited to be beginning my journey (Perth WA) EmptyWed 03 Jun 2015, 1:40 pm

Hi Circles,

I'm 19 days post op. 

Dr Leon Cohen and the Team at Mercy Bariatrics in Mt Lawley. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Everyone and everything you need in the one place. Previous patients who are willing to talk for however long you need to and ready to answer any silly question you might have. (Thanks Julie). Follow up group meetings or online if you can't get in there. This is one of the most monumentus decisions I have made in my life and I am so glad I went with them.

Good luck !
Back to top Go down
circles
circles

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-05-23

Excited to be beginning my journey (Perth WA) Empty
PostSubject: Excited to be beginning my journey (Perth WA)   Excited to be beginning my journey (Perth WA) EmptySat 23 May 2015, 2:54 pm

Hello everyone,

Well, I've made the decision to have a gastric sleeve and I must say that I am excited to finally be doing something positive about my weight.  I have my first appointment on June 5th with the same Dr who did my friend's sleeve just over 2 years ago.  I picked her brains today over coffee and although I knew I was going to go ahead with it, she just confirmed my reasons.

I am self funded (no PHI) and I am a little concerned about the cost particularly if I have to have a longer hospital stay.  Are there any recent self funded people from Perth who shopped around for the best price?  If so, I would love to hear what you found.  Also, I'd like to hear any recommendations for surgeons in Perth too please (even though I already have an appointment, I am open to more information).

Thank you :)
Back to top Go down

Excited to be beginning my journey (Perth WA)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: