3 posters
AuthorMessage
smileychick
smileychick

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2015-01-26

Expectations to high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expectations to high?   Expectations to high? EmptyMon 04 May 2015, 5:41 am

Thanks WondaWendy - I appreciate your reply as well. Last night I put a berocca in my water bottle so it was all "fizzed out" this morning and I've found that to be ok, but the taste is a little off. 

I'll try the straw idea - fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Expectations to high?   Expectations to high? EmptySun 03 May 2015, 12:21 pm

Hey Smileychick,

I agree with Nini about it being a reasonable amount to have lost.  I personally wouldn't go for Berocca because of the bubbles. My dietitian recommended a similar product but getting it flat enough was a nightmare and even when I thought it was flat, it didn't sit well. But you may be OK.  

Another thing I found helpful when I was drinking fluids was to use one of those little straws (like on the side of a Popper).  I think it helped to make sure less went down at a time.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Expectations to high?   Expectations to high? EmptySun 03 May 2015, 11:32 am

Smileychick, our brains can be our harshest critic, sometimes we just have to take a step back, take a big breath and look at how far we've come, not how far we have to go. You are doing so well, don't let negative thoughts steal your joy.

You go,  girl.
Expectations to high? 446871 Expectations to high? 446871 Expectations to high? 446871

Nini
Back to top Go down
smileychick
smileychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: Expectations to high?   Expectations to high? EmptySun 03 May 2015, 11:21 am

Please don't be sorry for being blunt - I really appreciate it! :)
Like you said, it's a lifestyle change and overall I'm really happy with how things are progressing but thought I should have been down more by now. Stupid brain!

With my PT sessions I do weights, boxing and either cross trainer or bike in each session; so that's good. I also bought some 3kg weights for home today for my arms and a fit ball for squats at home. 

I've tried lemon, cordial, tea to get the water in, but no luck so tomorrow I'm going to try Berrocca.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Expectations to high?   Expectations to high? EmptySun 03 May 2015, 11:12 am

I'm sorry to be blunt but yes, your expectations are  very unrealistic! When was the last time you lost 14 bloody kg in 6 weeks??  Your body cannot maintain that kind of loss without starting to have a detrimental effect on your liver and kidneys.  Get your water in, make sure you are having adequate nutrition, protein etc and are not in starvation mode. Your loss will gradually slow down and eventually fall into a more reasonable pattern.  This isn't a race, it's a life style change that you must be able to maintain for the rest of your life.

If you are struggling to get plain water in try adding a small amount of sugar free cordial or lemon juice to alter the surface tension. I found peppermint tea was a life saver in the early stages to get my fluid intake up.

Chill out, it sounds like your doing everything possible to lose weight. Make sure your exercise includes light weights to prevent muscle wastage.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
smileychick
smileychick

Female

PostSubject: Expectations to high?   Expectations to high? EmptySun 03 May 2015, 10:47 am

Hi Everyone; I've just gone 6 weeks post op - surgery was 20 March with Dr Liew at Allamandah.
On surgery day I was 168kg; surgery went well & home within 28 hours. After the first week Dr Liew said I was tolerating fluids very well so put me on soft foods and then I tolerated that very well so was on solids within 2 weeks (eggs, chicken, spinach, banana etc). I'm still not on the "hard" foods yet though.

2.5 weeks after surgery I started 3 x a week with a PT; but I don't feel I'm losing the weight that I should be. I've lost 14kg; so down to 154kg now, but I think I should be lower. I'm also still struggling water water - a good day for me is 750mL and my goal is to increase that to 1200mL by next week, but water still feels to "heavy".

SO my question is, are my expectations to high considering I've only lost 14kgs in 6 weeks and doing PT? What can I be doing differently to drop the weight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expectations to high?   Expectations to high? Empty

Back to top Go down

Expectations to high?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: