AuthorMessage
cool.J
Part of the furniture
cool.J

Female
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2015-02-14

Time frame for additional info?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time frame for additional info??   Time frame for additional info?? EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 11:46 am

nice timing monjara!! and thank you for your response!! I JUST received my letter from medicare today.

It says you have 14 days to provide the additional information or they will close the application. They have mentioned in the letter that you CAN resubmit your application after your initial one has closed, and have another assessment done, providing you attach ALL the correct information and certified documents AGAIN. Just thought Id come on here and post my own answer to my own question incase anyone in future has the same query.

With my other problem of having a gastroscopy before I know my surgery date, and the anaesthetists office not providing me a quote without knowing a date of surgery... I was able to get in touch with my surgeons office on friday and the lovely receptionist there was very apologetic and posted me a quote with a date on it that day, and I received it today. :) yay!! But thank you SO much for responding and giving me your suggestions xx
Back to top Go down
Monjara
Monjara

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Time frame for additional info??   Time frame for additional info?? EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015, 11:06 am

Hi Cool.j
I don't know time frames but I do know if it does get rejected, you can appeal it for the same application and then supply what is required... Have you considered calling DHS and asking what time frame they apply to the applications before they reject it for not receiving the info they require to assess it, so you know how long you have to organise your info? Or perhaps you can ask DHS if they can "hold" your application until after you have had Gastroscopy so you find out your surgery date... wouldn't hurt to ask...
W
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture
cool.J

Female
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Time frame for additional info??   Time frame for additional info?? EmptyThu 09 Apr 2015, 10:31 am

Hi everyone :)

Does anyone know how long you have, to send in additional info for your application before they reject it?

I got told today that I need a date on my anaesthetist quote. My surgeons office had given me this quote with his quote that did have a date on it and I was told by their office it should be fine. I was wrong. Now the anaesthetist office won't give me a quote with a date until I know the date of my surgery, which I won't know until after my Gastroscopy which isn't til April 30. 

So I'm a bit anxious and wondered if anyone knew, to put my mind at ease before I ring DHS in the morning...??? Please help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time frame for additional info??   Time frame for additional info?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Time frame for additional info??
Page 1 of 1