4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spice_Girl1984
Spice_Girl1984

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-04-03

Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017, 11:28 am

I have only lost 18kg with my lap band which was done in Sydney. I recently moved to Melbourne and saw Mr Adam Skidmore who told me that I needed a sleeve gastrectomy. I was booked to have surgery but got scared and cancelled when I found out that he had been banned from operating because of his high rate of complications! -

https://jonjayray.wordpress.com/2015/09/
Back to top Go down
scaredycathy

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 12:56 pm

16/7 I think. Its in my work diary
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture
cool.J

Female
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015, 1:00 pm

My gap for him which covers his surgery cost, the assistant physician, dietician and exercise physiologist was $4000.

The anaesthetist is $1400 but I'm with Bupa so it's only $500.

His initial appointment fee was $200 and I think his follow up fee to discuss my options after my Gastroscopy (which was gap free), was $70. I think. Might be after medicare had paid their bit.

It's different costs for bypass n band patients I think. And he might charge differently. My friend had her sleeve done by him last year and her gap was $3500. 

When's your first appointment?

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
scaredycathy

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015, 12:52 pm

Hi guys,
Can you tell me what his gap fees are?
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture
cool.J

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? EmptySat 28 Mar 2015, 8:38 pm

Hi Trish!! I am soooo happy to read this!! He is a lovely man and a great surgeon.
I'm glad you've already had a dietician appointment, I have to wait til after my scope before they will schedule anything else. Oh well, it's for my best interest which I completely appreciate. When do u see him next? And do you have a date for surgery?
Back to top Go down
Trish25
Trish25

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? EmptySat 28 Mar 2015, 1:14 pm

Hi Cool J
I to have seen Dr Skidmore. I think my first consult was 2 days after you :)
And you are right, he is awesome. Straight to the point, no mucking around and very informative. Didn't make me feel ashamed or bad. Gave me the feeling that if I wanted the help he was there to give it. 
I've since been back to see Danni 1 of the dietitians and she is really nice also.
I had to wait a while to see the Dr also, but I guess he is that good he is in demand a lot :)
Lets hope.
I wish you luck on your journey and I think we have picked a good surgeon :)
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture
cool.J

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015, 11:00 am

Ok so I had my first consult with Adam today and he was simply awesome. we had a chat about me and a bit of a laugh which was good. He was straight forward without the arrogance and I enjoyed the visit. He was more than happy to sign my super release forms.
He is having me undergo a Gastroscopy first though as I haven't had one in 7 years and I have gord. He said I should be having them every two years so that was surprising yet I am so happy he is looking out for my best interest by doing it prior to the sleeve surgery just to make sure I don't have barretts.

Excitement plus! 

Just thought id post the above incase anyone is looking to visit him in the future :)
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture
cool.J

Female

PostSubject: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015, 10:58 am

HI!!

I have finally gotten to a week before my first consult with Mr Skidmore. 2 months felt really long but now I look back and it has flown!!

I didn't really know whether to put this in pre op page or surgeon page. Since Im seeing Mr Skidmore I thought people who have seen him would have good things to suggest for me.

I have reviewed SO much info on this forum and on Facebook VSG groups, but just would like to know any questions that you thought were absolutely imperative that I ask, and also ones that maybe aren't that important but could turn out to be...

I'm going to write a list and take it in. So far all Ive read has answered my questions. So the list is still empty. Hmmm.....

Thank you :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?   Mr Adam Skidmore... questions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr Adam Skidmore... questions?
Page 1 of 1