Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Possum87

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-02-07

How long does it all take? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long does it all take?   How long does it all take? EmptySun 08 Feb 2015, 8:46 am

A 2week wait would be amazing. I've had to wait a month just to get my first consult with the doctor. I think I am going to have to have some money released from my super so if I'm looking at only a months wait time til surgery, that would make me very happy.
Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming.
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: How long does it all take?   How long does it all take? EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 10:44 am

From memory (dangerous territory for me!) from first consult to op was about 6-8 weeks and that included organising accessing my super. I only had the 1 consult with the surgeon, then the dietian, psychologist and had to get blood tests done. My Optifast stage was only 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: How long does it all take?   How long does it all take? EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 10:02 am

My surgeons' clinic advised from initial consult to surgery, approx. 3-4 months if you're needing to access super/organise funds.  As it was I was self funded and didn't need to, so my timeframe was initial consult then 6 weeks later surgery.
Back to top Go down
Shrinking Violet

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2015-01-10

PostSubject: Re: How long does it all take?   How long does it all take? EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 9:25 am

From first surgeons visit to surgery.....two weeks!
Back to top Go down
Possum87

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: How long does it all take?   How long does it all take? EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 8:52 am

Hi All,

My husband and I have decided to take the plunge!! We are having our first consult with Dr Cohen at Mercy Bariatrics (Perth) on Feb 20. I know I'm being a little impatient, but I want to know how long I'm going to have to wait until I get a surgery date.

My question to you all is, what was the timeline from first consult to operation?

I'm guessing it's something like 4 to 6 consults that u have to have with your doctor (possibly 1 a month depending on wait times) before you even know a surgery date, then there's the 6 week pre-op diet. I'm thinking it's going to be July or so until we even get to have the op!

I'm so excited/impatient that I just want to have it all now!

Thanks for all your help and good luck to everyone! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long does it all take?   How long does it all take? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long does it all take?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: I've got my sleeve date!-
Jump to: