AuthorMessage
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

The I QUIT SUGAR books and program Empty
PostSubject: Re: The I QUIT SUGAR books and program   The I QUIT SUGAR books and program EmptyThu 05 Feb 2015, 3:52 am

Yep, it's pretty exciting.  I had a fatty liver in results pre-op (and my surgeon said my liver was extremely big during the operation and made it really difficult even though I'd stuck to Opti strictly), and at my 6 month check up the other day - all gone :)  All my livers stats had basically halved!!  Just another thing I thought I'd mention, the anaesthesist I saw a week pre-op was talking to me and I mentioned I didn't exercise, and he said even though it was 1 week before surgery he wanted me to start that day, as he said that even in a week you can get yourself healthier for the operating table.  

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
Suze61
Part of the furniture
Suze61

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The I QUIT SUGAR books and program   The I QUIT SUGAR books and program EmptyThu 05 Feb 2015, 2:46 am

Hi DayleD,
Yeah that's what I am thinking too.
Anything that helps me to be a bit healthier for the surgery is only a good thing.
Beside, I do not want to be dealing with the sugar demons after surgery, I will need all my energy for healing!
And it will be an interesting exercise in seeing how my liver is after I do the program.
All I know is I do have a 'fatty liver' have done for years, sigh.
I am so looking forward to eliminating all these 'fat terms' from my medical records!
Cheers
Susan.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The I QUIT SUGAR books and program   The I QUIT SUGAR books and program EmptyWed 04 Feb 2015, 8:32 pm

Hi Susan,

I haven't read this book (or program) but have had it recommended to me numerous times by friends.  I'm quite into the paleo way and that cuts sugar out also and just wanted to say it does make an amazing difference.  Good luck with the program.  While I don't know if it will help with the shrinking of the liver pre op, I am sure it will help make you healthier for the op, so that can only be a good thing :)

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
Suze61
Part of the furniture
Suze61

Female

PostSubject: Re: The I QUIT SUGAR books and program   The I QUIT SUGAR books and program EmptyWed 04 Feb 2015, 12:01 pm

Hi Km, Thanks for answering my post.  Thank you for the offer, but
I have bought a couple of the books, the 8 week plan and the smoothies and choc cook books.
I am going to do the sugar quit 8 week program as soon as I sort out what food I need and clean out my cupboards of stuff I don't need. hoping hubby will do it with me, even partly would help, sure he will.
I am thinking getting control of sugar in my life, not a good relationship for me truly, will only be a benefit for me when time for my surgery comes.
I would love to be able to eat the right foods without constantly thinking about what I can have that is sweet and how I can get the largest amount into me. :(
I am also wondering if it will help with the pre surgery diet, for shrinking the liver?
When the time comes I might be able to use some of the smoothies recipes from the IQS books instead of Optifast, which tends to make me a bit nauseous.
Have you been sleeved yet? and if so have you used the program since?
Cheers.
Susan.
Back to top Go down
Kmbabyone
Kmbabyone

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The I QUIT SUGAR books and program   The I QUIT SUGAR books and program EmptyWed 04 Feb 2015, 11:40 am

Hi! I have done it and I have a couple of cookbooks. I think I have the PDF of the original 8 wk plan. Pm me if your interested and I can email you that. At least then you could try it out?

I also read the sweet poison books. The first time I did it I dropped a fair bit of weight just by cutting out sugar. Def worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Suze61
Part of the furniture
Suze61

Female

PostSubject: The I QUIT SUGAR books and program   The I QUIT SUGAR books and program EmptyTue 03 Feb 2015, 9:48 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone has used the I QUIT SUGAR books as a way of weight management before or after surgery?
I am not sleeved yet, aiming for late August. 
I am a bit concerned with my leaning towards sugar when I am emotional, most of the time one way or another.
Would love feedback if anyone here has used this program
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The I QUIT SUGAR books and program   The I QUIT SUGAR books and program Empty

Back to top Go down

The I QUIT SUGAR books and program
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Dietitions-
Jump to: