Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Optifast Bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast Bars   Optifast Bars EmptySun 25 Jan 2015, 10:09 pm

Ha ha! I was bound to be wrong!!!  It's funny to see how different we all are.  I couldn't believe ANYONE could like those crunch bars, lol. :P

Snacking wise, I was also allowed up to a cup a day of fresh berries (raspberry/blueberry/strawberry) and up to 2 passionfruit by my dietitian.  There is some reason why these fruits are allowed but I can't remember what it is - several others on here have also had them in their pre-op diet too.
Back to top Go down
MsWiggles

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-01-21

Optifast Bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast Bars   Optifast Bars EmptySun 25 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

Hi WondaWendy, I have only tried the berry crunch and chocolate.. The chocolate one for me is the worst.
I am ok with all the shakes (maybe not the caramel). I started with Hilo milk and working my way through diluting it to all water..
I have made some soup but I was hoping there was something I can throw in my bag for a snack at work other than the opti bar.
I will bag up some vege snacks :)
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Optifast Bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast Bars   Optifast Bars EmptySun 25 Jan 2015, 12:47 pm

Hi MsWiggles, 

I could be wrong but from your post I'm assuming you are talking about the Optifast Berry Crunch or Cappuccino Crunch Bars - when I tried to eat those I gagged and felt sick! So incredibly gross!!! However, the  Optifast chocolate bar is something I still eat from time to time for breakfast.  It's like they are completely unrelated (taste nothing alike and have a completely different texture), so if you haven't tried it, the plain choc one is the best option in my opinion.  I will be interested to see if I'm right (but bet I'm probably not now! LOL).

I thought the plain choc bar, the lemon creme dessert and the original choc shake (with extra water) were the best options in Optifast phase.

Snacks for me included raw snow peas, green beans, red capsicum, cherry tomatoes, etc. or a cup of "free veggies" soup (hot or cold).

Best wishes with the Opti - it will feel like forever while you're on it and then like a small blip on the radar when you get to where I am (4 months post op), lol.
Back to top Go down
MsWiggles

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-01-21

Optifast Bars Empty
PostSubject: Optifast Bars   Optifast Bars EmptySun 25 Jan 2015, 9:50 am

Putting it out there, I am two weeks from being sleeved, weaning myself onto daily shakes and opti bars. Is there any other snacks besides those bars that I can have, really having troubles eating them (feel very sick after and takes me ages to eat)..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Optifast Bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optifast Bars   Optifast Bars Empty

Back to top Go down

Optifast Bars
Page 1 of 1