AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

thermomix yes or no? Empty
PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyFri 06 Mar 2015, 9:06 am

thanks!
Back to top Go down
SammySleever
Part of the furniture
SammySleever

Female
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2015-01-10

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2015, 8:21 pm

these protein balls have 5g of protein each, the recipe is supposed to make 34.

I'm definitely making these as soon as I can tolerate normal food again. And these are so blended that they are not hard to chew.

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/desserts-sweets-recipes/simple-protein-balls/129845
Back to top Go down
SammySleever
Part of the furniture
SammySleever

Female

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2015, 8:17 pm

https://wholefoodsimply.com/caramel-slice/

According my myfitnesspal, it has 2g of protein per 16g slice - you could increase that by adding protein powder of course, but the protein comes from the nuts.
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2015, 10:25 am

Ohhh... that sounds interesting... can I have the recipe for the high protein raw caramel slice please.
Back to top Go down
SammySleever
Part of the furniture
SammySleever

Female

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyThu 05 Mar 2015, 9:45 am

Just thinking about my thermie again today and what I can make post sleeve.....(coming up in 3 weeks!)

Once I'm back to normal eating I thought I might try making raw protein balls etc - lots of people mention how they have trouble getting in more protein - I love the look of the ones made with organic protein powder, ground nuts, cacao etc. I've also made a raw "caramel" slice before which is very high in protein and no refined sugars. I'm not an organic health food nut by any means, but since getting this marvellous gadget I've been trying new recipes to lessen the amount of processed food I buy.
Back to top Go down
Lonie62
Lonie62

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2015-02-04

PostSubject: Thermomix YES definitely   thermomix yes or no? EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015, 12:50 am

I have had a Thermi for just over a year and I use it for just about everything except for the oven baking.  I make amazing breads and pastries (a downfall) and make soups, risottos, stews, stock and  casseroles as well as many other things in it.  It is great for juicing as you don't rid the fruit of the pulp (not good for when you are eating and drinking through a straw but you aren't losing all of the important nutrients.  

I managed to get rid of quite a few kitchen items when I bought it which makes for more space in the cupboards as well!!!!! (although I couldn't bare to part with my mixmaster it was only relatively new and I wanted to keep it)

I love my Thermi and would recommend it to anyone even though the price is high it is well worth it and if you can get it on an interest free plan which they have from time to time it makes it  little less painful.  

I am looking forward to using it when I have had my surgery.  

Lonie

The countdown is on 3 weeks and 4 days to go
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptySun 15 Feb 2015, 9:10 pm

Its a ridiculously expensive blender, because thats about the only thing I see people (and friends) use it for. You can make soups and smoothies and protein shakes with a stick mix blender or any one of the small blenders on the market for under $100.

If you've got two grand to blow on a gadget - go for it lol

If you really want a thermomix, look for copycat items, such as the Bellini intelli kitchen master from Target which is about $400.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot
Barefoot

Female
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2013-08-09

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptySun 15 Feb 2015, 11:04 am

I have one. It was great to blend up ice for my protein shakes every day. Also good for blending up food in the liquid phase. It is exxy,  but I use it every day and it is great for making up almond meal and my own peanut butter. :)
Back to top Go down
SammySleever
Part of the furniture
SammySleever

Female

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptySun 15 Feb 2015, 11:01 am

I'm interested in this topic too. I have a thermomix and LOVE it! I have made plenty of soups/ purees / drinks etc with it and am definitely going to use it for my smoothies and purees post op! Seriously, it will make a pumpkin soup in 35 mins from raw pumpkin to finished product!

I agree it was a huge outlay - I paid in 3 instalments - but we didn't have a good blender or mixmaster, food processor or slow cooker or steamer - so wasn't doubling up on any appliances.
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyMon 26 Jan 2015, 6:58 am

I have quite a few friends who have them, but they havn't been sleeved.  They love them!
I want one too.   No idea if it will help afte the sleeve.  I just love all kitchen gadgets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015, 9:45 am

I'm not a fan for that sort of money I'd rather buy a few items. But I'd seriously consider a vitamix if you are after a new toy for the kitchen, I use mine every day for smoothies, nut based protein drinks and soups and think it has more than paid for itself.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015, 7:53 am

The Thermomix TM5 gets the thumbs up from the Choice Magazine website (I'm a member) but I wouldn't know any more than that, except that it is way out of my price range, lol.  Just thought I'd let you know as it scored 94% on their tests which is excellent.
Back to top Go down
pinkandblue82
pinkandblue82

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2014-12-17

PostSubject: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015, 6:15 am

HI all

wondering if anyone has purchased the thermomix and has it been useful for after surgery foods?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thermomix yes or no?   thermomix yes or no? Empty

Back to top Go down

thermomix yes or no?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Recipes-
Jump to: