7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vogette
Vogette

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-05-13

nausea and cramps help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 1:51 pm

Laloopsy,

Call the hospital ward, or call your surgeon, ASAP. if you cannot keep anything down, you will dehydrate quickly...

Do not put it off, call...
Back to top Go down
Laloopsy

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 10:34 am

Oh god. I Can't keep anything down. I am vomitting air. So painful. Non of the ant nausea drugs are working. I feel like hell.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014, 12:12 pm

Yeah, I got put on Nexium 40mg, havent had a worry with reflux at all with it. Will revert back to my usual 20mg once the 40s are finished. Definitely try and get them switched if you think they arent working.
Back to top Go down
Ivelsfancy
Ivelsfancy

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-07-05

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014, 9:44 am

Thank you Garfield and bumbles the switch to Powerade has been a gem and the ice poles too. I got some degas today and had a less painful afternoon. I don't think that this antacid is doing it for me though. But drinking yougurt is helping.... I hope its Alowed!

Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014, 9:14 am

Garfield is so right, icy poles are awesome. I use zooper doopers because it doesnt matter how long I take to get through them they wont drip all over me :) And the cold seems to be what my tummy prefers (for now). In liquid phase I dont know what I would have done without them.

I had bad nausea too, was sent home with two different types of anti nausea meds, and while they helped I recognised they were masking a problem, and it was that I wasnt getting enough nutrition in. I switched to powerade instead of water for a few days and it seemed to help (and tasted better). 

Hope it clears for you soon, Im still battling with intake vs dizziness
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014, 6:02 pm

Sounds like a combination of gas & nausea.  Get prescribed something for the anti nausea and you will feel better immediately.  For gas, you can use De-gas from the chemist (no prescription required), peppermint tea and lots of gentle walking.

The first 2-3 weeks is up and down, so just take it easy looking after yourself.  Also, sip sip sip.  Use straws or a preferred water bottle so you are constantly hydrating yourself.  I couldn't stand plain water and would dilute with cordial (no that sugar free crap blerg lol).  Icy poles are also cheap to buy in bulk and count towards your hydration too :-)
Back to top Go down
Ivelsfancy
Ivelsfancy

Female

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014, 12:15 pm

Thanks for the reply green frog! I am still on the liquid phase so I am not sureif maybe i am going to long between protein shakes. Could I be having gas? I am burping lots also I am lucky to get through one lot of Optifast and one lot of soup a day. I am having water in between. Today the pain is like terrible indigestion and less crampy.
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014, 9:15 am

I think the nausea is normal, because I was sent home with anti nausea medication from the hospital.

The gurgling is normal, my tummy made lots of interesting noises and still does sometimes now.

Not sure about the cramping, I never had that problem personally.  But I hav read others talk about it.

What have you been eating?
Any correlation to the nausea? ie waiting too long to eat? etc
Back to top Go down
Ivelsfancy
Ivelsfancy

Female

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014, 6:41 am

You are right I am on pariet
Back to top Go down
Maryle

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014, 5:30 am

It's strange you're not on an anti reflux med like Nexium.
Back to top Go down
Ivelsfancy
Ivelsfancy

Female

PostSubject: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014, 3:31 am

I am one week post op and suffering from nausea and a really crampy and gurgly stomach. I just want to know if any one else had this issue. Did it just resolve or did you change something to help it? The cramping comes accompanied by a gurgling sensation, chest pain and nausea. Slowing things down seems to make the pain worse. I am on maxlon, buscopan and panadol I did a barium swallow yesterday. All clear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nausea and cramps help!   nausea and cramps help! Empty

Back to top Go down

nausea and cramps help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: