AuthorMessage
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Getting Your Protein In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptySat 30 May 2009, 2:30 am

Thanks Geekie. It's great to have you and your superior knowledge on the forum.

You've put my mind at rest and I'm going to try to just stay at the 75gm mark as my dietician suggested for my weight and height.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 8:44 pm

If you eat more protein then needed for bodily repair then the body will use it for fuel and if its not needed for that then it will turn it into fat.

The ability to use excess as fuel is why the dietitians like us eating it - as long as we don't eat too many calories total which really isn't a problem in your case!
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 2:35 pm

I don't know of any adverse affects of too much protein Janey...unless too much of it is from red meat.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 2:25 pm

Hey Deb get some more in.

I just calculated mine on Calorieking and I've had a total of 97gms today. Too much I suppose. Any adverse affects from too much protein? If so I may have to cut down the powder a bit. Must admit I'm pretty pleased though. It's been a battle.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 2:10 pm

I bought Slimming and Health magazine today. On the Weight Loss Basics page at the front of the mag they say you should have 0.75g of protein per kilo of body weight each day for women and 0.84g / kg for men.
That means 64.5g for me. No wonder my hair is falling out.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 12:59 pm

You and me both Chook.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 11:33 am

Thanks Janey
Will check it out, love online shopping!
Chook
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 9:32 am

Hey Chook

It's called Myopure Whey Protein Powder and you can get it online at http://www.myopure.com.au. I bought it last year so I presume it's still available. I purchased the unflavoured variety.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 9:27 am

Hey Janey

I am really interested in this Whey Protein Powder, where do you get it from and is it a generic product or marketed under a name?

Well done on your progress.

Thanks Chook
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 9:24 am

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that I managed 88gms of protein today and found it easy. Only 660 cals so far too. Want to know my secret?

I put a 60g serve of Whey Protein Powder in about 100gms of Casa Greek Style Yoghurt and it mixes in beautifully with absolutely no texture or taste changes. That gives you 50gs straight up. With my other food intake I hit my target set by the dietician of 78gms and overshot it. I hate making up the shakes as they take so long to drink. So I'm over the moon I've found a way to not have to make them. As I love my yoghurt this is the perfect way for me. Hope it helps someone else struggling to meet their quota.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Your Protein In   Getting Your Protein In Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Your Protein In
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: