kaznik88
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Humpywhite

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-11-02

How much weight do most people lose? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015, 11:15 am

Hi all, I was sleeved on the 27th Nov 2014, started my PreOp diet on the 8th Nov weighing in at 117kgs/258lbs. I weigh 96 kgs today so that is 21 kgs lost all together an average of 2.1 kgs a week. My weight loss pattern has been bizarre, including a gain in the week after surgery because of the fluids they pumped into me. I have seen big losses and no change weeks. Reading the posts here, it demonstrates how unique we all are. I am also focusing on the goal of sustaining my target weight figure for over twelve months. I like many of you can lose weight and have done this well on numerous occasions what I have never been able to do is sustain a loss. The more I think about this as a long journey and less as a sprint with a definite end the more success I am having with my head and emotional hunger issues. Good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
carollsadler

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-09-23

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 12:49 pm

Thanks WondaWendy :-)
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 6:41 am

I'm nearly 4 months out and usually lose between 400g and 800g a week (have had three weeks losing only 200g but couple of 1kg weeks and even a 1.2kg week so I guess it probably averages out to somewhere between 1/2 and 1kg a week).

I think how much you weigh to start with makes a difference for sure too, so it's not always easy to compare yourself to others who may weigh more/less than you do. Don't worry, if you are losing each week, you are doing well!!!
Back to top Go down
carollsadler

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-09-23

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015, 2:35 am

So I started reading at the beginning of this post thinking my weight loss isn't that much compared to others, but but the time I got to your post Nini I was feeling much better. I too average 1/2 - 1kg per week and at the moment I'm not doing any exercise as I just feel so tired. Right now I'm concentrating on trying to get enough protein each day and drink enough fluids. I'm averaging about 50gm protein each day but need to get it up to 71gm a day - hopefully then I will have a little more energy and feel more inclined to take a walk or jump on the exercise bike LOL

Keep up the great work everyone :-)
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyWed 03 Dec 2014, 10:33 am

I averaged between 500 g to a kg a week. Lost 53 kg. Still got to goal. Doesn't matter how fast you lose as long as you keep losing! It's not a race but a life style.

cheers Nini.
Back to top Go down
lawlanj2

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-10-20

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyWed 03 Dec 2014, 10:24 am

Wow now looking at everyone else's weight loss I am thinking my is not that great. I have just hit the 12 week mark since I started the optifast diet (2 wks pre op) and I have lost 19.4 kg. In the last 4 weeks I have only lost 3.4 kgs so have slowed right down. I am trying to exercise and was doing alright but the last 2 weeks I have been so tired I just don't want to. I don't know what I am doing wrong because I am not eating much and trying to drink at least a litre of water a day. I have to see the surgeon tomorrow and I really wanted to be at least 20kgs down (I know I'm close but not what I wanted). I feel disappointed :-(
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptySat 22 Nov 2014, 9:39 am

Like the others have said everyone is different, and slows down at different times. 1kg per week loss is very good and you should be happy with that! :) congrats.

I had a lot to lose so started losing quite quickly in the beginning but then slowed down around 10 weeks post op. I'm still losing now but the amounts I lose seem to follow some strange pattern which I guess is a bit hormonal. Some weeks I will only lose 0.2kg and then a couple of weeks later I lose over 1kg. It's weird. 

I used to panic when I first started losing less than a kilo in some weeks, but now I've got the mindset that as long as it's going down then I'm happy!
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 4:22 am

Wow, you're going to get all sorts of answers for this one...going from people that don't exercise to people that do, small eaters vs large (for a sleever) eaters, people with medical conditions like diabetes and PCOS and different medications that affect weight loss, dependent upon actual start weights too (heavier people tend to lose quicker at the start I've noticed), natural slow or fast losing people...the list is endless as to why people lose quicker or more or less than others.

BUT, for me, I'm averaging between 1-1.5kg per week, and this has been ongoing for the past 14 weeks.  I am actually waiting for the time when it slows down a little as I can't imagine losing this much each week for much longer.

By the way, fantastic weight loss.  Everyone is so different, be proud of what you're losing, no matter how fast or slow.

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 1:45 am

that is  a big lose, congrats. 1 kg a week is very good. just keep at it. are you exercsing? also remember that your body is changing not just the scales
Back to top Go down
kaznik88

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 12:29 am

Hi everyone - have never posted on here before but just need some feedback.  I have lost 24ks since my first weigh in and now (8 weeks post op) this has slowed down to about one kilo per week?

Is this normal at this early stage?  I have been very good food wise and was surprised when it slowed down so early.

Can people let me know what they lost per week?

Thank you How much weight do most people lose? 63412
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much weight do most people lose?   How much weight do most people lose? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much weight do most people lose?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: