4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

I have got my date - 28 January  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have got my date - 28 January    I have got my date - 28 January  EmptySun 02 Nov 2014, 1:37 am

Hi Guys,
I had my sleeve op on July 30th 2014.
I saw my surgeon 1st time, then next day had to start my optifast, so I didn't have time for a "food funeral" as such, and in that 2 1/2 weeks I was too scared to "cheat" any foods as I was worried I wouldn't lose the weight I had to before my operation.
We all worry before the sleeve, that we wont be able to eat this or that after, but guess what???
I can eat anything now, that I chose to eat. (13 weeks) The sleeve is so different to the gastric band that some of my friends have had.... They are so limited in what they can and cant eat! Not so with the sleeve. I can eat anything, only in a lot smaller amounts.
I choose not to have any bread, rice, pasta, lollies, chocolate or icecream in my home, or to eat... That is MY choice. If I want to eat that crap, I guess I could. But I CHOOSE NOT TO....
It is a bit like when I used to do child care in my home.
I used to tell the older kids they could do anything that they wanted to do, but they knew what was acceptable and what was not acceptable behaviour. If they chose to do what was NOT acceptable, there would be consequences ..... The choice was there's, (as the choice is now ours)
So we all need to accept these choices and make sure they are the right ones for us!

That is all...

Good luck to you all with your sleeve, and your new life.... This is one of the best things I have ever done for ME, and I am so pleased that I had the courage to do what I have done! (I have nearly lost 30kg!) Happy? Yep! I have NO REGRETS!

Life is great,

Elly
Back to top Go down
Awesome

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2014-08-21

PostSubject: Re: I have got my date - 28 January    I have got my date - 28 January  EmptySat 01 Nov 2014, 2:41 pm

Thanks guys, now I don't feel that guilty but yeh, it's so true at the back of my mind I know what iam doing is not right but I keep on doing it coz I feel I may never get a chance again to eat it all. 

At least I know that i am not the only one doing this. I wish I can stop my sugary food intake till the surgery. I have already gained over 10kilos from the time I have decided that I want to get the surgery done and god knows what will happen in the next three months. I need to stop my brain but it seems impossible. Please share any tops you have on how I can stop myself. 

I wish you all sleevers the very best for the new you.
Back to top Go down
kaz62

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-10-29

PostSubject: Re: I have got my date - 28 January    I have got my date - 28 January  EmptySat 01 Nov 2014, 6:40 am

Hi, I got my date December 10th. 

I can relate to what you are saying with the food you are eating. I had my daughter's 21st birthday a couple of weeks ago and there is still food left from that to get through. I want it all gone well before the surgery date so  won't be tempted. So far we have finished off the cheese platter and the dips. There are still a few desserts left in the freezer but we have only had two of them over the last two weeks, so I guess that's not too bad. 

Christmas is going to be my toughest time but I keep telling myself that it is more about spending time with my kids and grandkids and I want to do that for many more Christmases yet and without this surgery, who knows how many I would only have left.

Good luck on your journey, I am sure you can do it :)
Back to top Go down
Nya
Nya

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I have got my date - 28 January    I have got my date - 28 January  EmptySat 01 Nov 2014, 6:05 am

Hi!

Congrats on getting your date! Let the countdown begin!

I can totally relate to your post! As soon as I saw my surgeon and got a date it was like I had been given this 'DDay' and until that day I have been eating every single thing I want, whenever I want, how much I want etc....its all bad food, I keep telling myself 'this will be the last time I can have this food, or this amount' so I just go for it. I am certain ive put on weight in the last two weeks! 
Im amazed at how ridiculous a rationale this is!
I am seeing the dietician on 17/11 and am fairly certain that date will see the start of Optifast...so until then Im eating for Australia. 
Thank god im having this surgery , god knows where Id end up otherwise.

So I can totally understand how you feel! 

I am hopeful that im about to reprogram my brain and body and delete past data! 

Good luck! X
Back to top Go down
Awesome

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2014-08-21

PostSubject: I have got my date - 28 January    I have got my date - 28 January  EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 3:20 pm

Hi all, I got my sleeve date for 28 January and am very excited. Birth me and my partner, we are looking forward for some positive changes in our life. 

The only problem is that I can't stop myself from eating. I have battled food my entire life but from the day I got my op date I can't stop myself from eating. IS THIS NORMAL? Does anyone else doing the same thing and did what Iam doing right now. 

I have still got 90 days before my surgery and can't wait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have got my date - 28 January    I have got my date - 28 January  Empty

Back to top Go down

I have got my date - 28 January
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: I've got my sleeve date!-
Jump to: