Annrob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Annrob

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-08-29

I have my sleeve date 30 October... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyFri 07 Nov 2014, 1:15 pm

Hi Laloopsy.
I generally bounce back pretty well. I saw Dr Donovan on the Friday morning, and he was amazed at how good I looked. I trotted up to xray on my own. Xrays came back ok. Had minimal pain. Saw the dietitian and off home I went. Guess I was pretty lucky. Nausea did not last too long. I got some sugarfree mints that took the edge off a bit. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
Laloopsy

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyFri 07 Nov 2014, 6:39 am

Wow congrats! That's such inspiring news, how did you manage getting out of hospital...are you extremely persuasive or just your surgeon didn't mind? I don't need to do opti so only have to survive the liquid phase post op...I think I am Lucky in that respect. I not looking forward to nausea though, it's one of my most hated feelings. Blerk. Well done anyway!
Back to top Go down
carollsadler

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-09-23

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 12:06 am

I have my sleeve date 30 October... 446871
Back to top Go down
Annrob

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyMon 03 Nov 2014, 11:59 pm

Hi all. 5 days post ok, and I feel great. Was booked 2 nights in hospital. Came home after one. Had a little bit of pain. Nothing a few panadol couldn't fix. Nausea was pretty bad on the first day post op, but all gone now. Still on fluids, but feel I could go onto pureed stage soon. Will keep you updated. Just a little tired at the moment
Back to top Go down
Annrob

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 4:29 am

carollsadler wrote:
Annrob you must be so excited - lots of good wishes coming your way :-)
I have my first consult with the surgeon Monday. Excited. Bit nervous - have to say this forum has quelled a lot of my anxiety about the whole process.
Interested about your use of optifast before seeing the surgeon and only have to do it for one week before surgery. I too am 126kg and I'm hoping that my huge scar from having my gallbladder removed 25 years ago isn't a problem for my surgey.

Hi Carollsadler

I was a bit confused as to why he only wanted me to do it for 1 week as  well. I'm not sure. I did ask him, but he said that one week was sufficient for me to get used to the all liquid post op phase. He didn't seem to be too fussed about my liver either.
He's highly experienced and he's the one my GP recommended....so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
carollsadler

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-09-23

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 2:51 am

Annrob you must be so excited - lots of good wishes coming your way :-)
I have my first consult with the surgeon Monday. Excited. Bit nervous - have to say this forum has quelled a lot of my anxiety about the whole process.
Interested about your use of optifast before seeing the surgeon and only have to do it for one week before surgery. I too am 126kg and I'm hoping that my huge scar from having my gallbladder removed 25 years ago isn't a problem for my surgey.
Back to top Go down
sleeverella
sleeverella

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2014-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 3:38 am

Heck yeah Annrob!!

What a great birthday present to give yourself.

Just imagine how awesome your next one is going to feel.

And all the birthdays and inbetweens after that  !!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
Annrob

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014, 12:51 am

Hi All

Thanks for the kind words. Surprisingly my surgeon has only got me doing the Optifast for a week. I am 126kg at the moment.
I have been doing the Optifast on and off for a few weeks just to see how I would cope, so not a huge shock to the system.
I am booked in for the 30th at Nambour Selangor Private hospital with Dr Donovan. He is pretty laid back. Very reassuring and was quite happy to answer all of my questions.
I asked him if the prep time was enough and he said "yes".
I also asked him what would happen if he went in and my liver had not shrunk enough...he said that he had only had that happen once and the person in question was over 200kg.

Only downer is that my birthday is on the 27th...but hey...I'll be celebrating for the rest of my life once I shed this weight
Back to top Go down
sleeverella
sleeverella

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2014-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014, 2:50 pm

Hi Annrob,
Congrats. Don't be apprehensive. Know it's hard not to be.
I second everything QQ said.
I'm also loving my new sleeve.
How about we add you to the october month page?
Let us know.
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014, 11:35 am

That's awesome annrob - not long to go now! 

I'm only 6 days post-op and already I'm in love with my sleeve. There are some things that are more challenging than others but I wouldn't change a thing.

I wish you a speedy, pain free recovery and much success in this exciting new adventure 😄
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
Nya
Nya

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014, 10:50 am

Hi Annrob!

Thats awesome news! 
Have you started the Optifast? Hows that going?
Back to top Go down
Annrob

Female

PostSubject: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014, 4:02 am

7 days before my life changes forever...a tad apprehensive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have my sleeve date 30 October...   I have my sleeve date 30 October... Empty

Back to top Go down

I have my sleeve date 30 October...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: I've got my sleeve date!-
Jump to: