AuthorMessage
sleeverella
sleeverella

Female
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2014-08-25

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014, 9:23 am

good to hear back from you.  great that its all looking up.
Back to top Go down
sares

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014, 6:11 am

Hi all,
Sorry, I've been a bit exhausted and not really doing much but resting. Although I'm off pain killers now and able to leave the house (as much as it exhausts me, I go out for 30mins-1hr a day to get a slow walk or help with the shopping etc)
Because it was weekend I didn't know who to call, but have had a wonderful conversation with my friend who is both a theatre nurse and a fellow sleever, who told me it was all very normal. Apparently due to the state of my liver (the reason I got the surgery done was to heal NASH) my liver would still be tender, and the place I'm experiencing pain as I drink is the liver retractor site and if it still hurts at my post op appointment raise it then. It is a little better now so I'm sure he's right.
Spoke to my surgeons office on Tuesday and said I wasn't really drinking as much as I should, they suggested ice blocks, which strangely go down a treat!! I sip other drinks throughout the day, which has helped too.
The dihorreah is still happening but liquid in liquid out.
Started on purée last night and managed delicious mashed potatoes (about 1/4 cup maybe a bit less) and then today mushy cereal with milk (again about 1/4 cup) and it doesn't hurt to eat, just drink.
Thanks for the concern. The surgeons office told me what to look for in relation to dehydration but I have no signs of this so far :-)
Back to top Go down
sleeverella
sleeverella

Female

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014, 7:15 am

Hey Sares,
Just wondering how you are doing?
Back to top Go down
sleeverella
sleeverella

Female

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 10:13 am

Okay Sares, we're all very sure you should ring your doctor straight away.  Get the professional help you deserve.

DayleD - about your hospital. that is very disappointing but glad you are doing ok.

Garfield - you know better than most of us with your experience. 

Sares - Please call your doc.
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 10:05 am

There shouldn't be any pain consuming unless you are doing it too fast which I highly doubt.  Combined with the diarrhea this isn't good news and could be a sign of something else is wrong.  Ring your Dr's office now as they will have an after hours number for him and get admitted with an IV drip ASAP!  I didn't even go to the toilet for at least 3-5 days after my surgeries.

Don't be complacent or think you are over reacting, people have died from these operations, I almost died and had emergency bypass.  They told me if I had left it another 24hrs I would of been dead so don't risk your health!
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 9:42 am

Does it hurt like this no matter the liquid you drink?  I found watered down apple juice really good when I got out of hospital, just a suggestion.  Like Wendy said, dehydration will hit you if you don't up the liquids, keep trying! 

Sleeverella the hospital discharged me and on my notes said I was having liquids etc etc.  The reality is that I had 1/4 cup of tea the night before they discharged me.  They had given me the tea, so knew I had it, but didn't check or ask how much I'd drunk of it.  Before this I was only allowed ice chips.  They didn't care and I was a bit disgusted.  Some places?  Much better than others!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 6:52 am

Hey Sares,

It looks like you are only getting about half a litre of fluid in (adding up your list).  With diarrhea on top of that, you will probably become dehydrated very quickly which is not good.  I would be talking to a doctor and sorting it out as soon as you can.
Back to top Go down
sleeverella
sleeverella

Female

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptySat 11 Oct 2014, 6:24 am

Hi Sares,
I'm no expert, 3 days post myself but I think you need to phone your doctor and check.
Have to say I'm surprised that you were allowed to go home if only managing 150mls of fluid per day.
My doctor would not let me off the drip until I was drinking close to a 1L per day and would not discharge me until I hit 1.5L per day.
Back to top Go down
sares

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014, 11:23 am

Hi all,
I'm day 4 post op. Was released from hospital yesterday, as I was feeling ok even though I was only managing about 150mls of fluid each day. Not due to vomiting just not up to sip sip sipping.

Anyway, today I have had terrible diarrhoea, though it's not been painful. Should I be worried about this?
Also, I managed
Breakfast - 150mls milk protein drink
Lunch - 100mls chocolate milk (I was craving milk which is odd for me)
Dinner - 200mls tomato soup (very watered down)
And a few sips of flat lemonade as well as about 100mls of water.

I have not vomited or had reflux (although I'm medicated for reflux) but every sip hurts about 30 seconds after I take it - like it's burning down the way to the stomach - whether it's hot or cold or inbetween!
Does this seem normal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Day 4 post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day 4 post op   Day 4 post op Empty

Back to top Go down

Day 4 post op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: