5 posters
AuthorMessage
gheevette
gheevette

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-11-28

Walking - the new superfood? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking - the new superfood?   Walking - the new superfood? EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015, 9:03 am

Wow! Thanks for that article. I have been trying out a few gyms lately with that Medibank Private gym your way system, its basically a cheep casual gym pass. I feel so out of place though, they seem to be full of ultra skinny, bottle bleach blond hair, over spray tanned divas and mega beefcakes! If I can just go for a walk and skip all that I way more inclined to stay healthier I think.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Walking - the new superfood?   Walking - the new superfood? EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 12:12 pm

Thanks for sharing the article, Bumbles. As I hate exercise I love hearing that I don't have to exhaust myself to get healthy. I always found when I went to the gym I would be starving hungry and eat more the rest of the day while feeling exhausted and not do anything for the rest of the day - so counter productive. Sounds like my dog, Panda,  is going to be getting a lot more walks.

Dog

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Walking - the new superfood?   Walking - the new superfood? EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 10:37 am

Interesting article sally, thanks for sharing! Gives me some hope as gym is out of the question at this stage!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
Sharm

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Walking - the new superfood?   Walking - the new superfood? EmptySat 07 Feb 2015, 9:17 am

Great article thank you. I have one of those fit bit step measure devices and I set my goal as 8000 steps a day. I am now a lot happier with that - especially since I am a desk sitting accountant for 8 hours a day.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Walking - the new superfood?   Walking - the new superfood? EmptyThu 02 Oct 2014, 12:10 am

Found this article today online, seems interesting that walking seems to be the ideal way to get fit. It did raise some points with me as I have some nutso fitness freak friends and while they spend an hour each day absolutely beating their bodies to near death, they spend the rest of the day on their butts (usually on facebook bleating about their fab workout). 

Sounds promising that someone in my condition doesnt need to destroy themselves to get fit (I mean the tearing muscles, degrading joints etc that happen when I exercise a simple - shit get moving its raining - lunge ripped my calf muscle to shreds a couple months back).

Forget the Gym: The best way to stay healthy is to walk more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking - the new superfood?   Walking - the new superfood? Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking - the new superfood?
Page 1 of 1