Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!

Go down 
+2
Bumbles
montemoo01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laloopsy

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-09-27

14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 10:43 pm

Well, I am new to the forum so hi everyone! I have surgery booked for 5th November with dr greenslade, but I think I'll have to Postpone the date because it's the day before my husbands 40th! I'm still pretty uncertain (scared?) about everything. I think I am scared of not bring about to binge when I feel lonely/stressed/worried/anxious etc. That I will never be able to gobble down chocolate and ice cream like I do...all good things of course, but I won't have that fall back.y bmi is not quite 35 but I have struggled with my weight since I was a kid. I was always the chubby kid. I now worry that I will spend the rest of my life struggling. Watching my food intake, counting calories, obsessing over fat content/sugar content/carbs blah bla. I just don't want that worry anymore. Not to mention the fact my mum had a bypass at 53- heart disease is rife on her side if the family- a scary thought. I just want to hear other peoples stories and realistic accounts of post op surgery recovery etc. Lovely to meet you all, Amanda
Back to top Go down
Laloopsy

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Newbie   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014, 10:42 pm

Well, I am new to the forum so hi everyone! I have surgery booked for 5th November with dr greenslade, but I think I'll have to Postpone the date because it's the day before my husbands 40th! I'm still pretty uncertain (scared?) about everything. I think I am scared of not bring about to binge when I feel lonely/stressed/worried/anxious etc. That I will never be able to gobble down chocolate and ice cream like I do...all good things of course, but I won't have that fall back.y bmi is not quite 35 but I have struggled with my weight since I was a kid. I was always the chubby kid. I now worry that I will spend the rest of my life struggling. Watching my food intake, counting calories, obsessing over fat content/sugar content/carbs blah bla. I just don't want that worry anymore. Not to mention the fact my mum had a bypass at 53- heart disease is rife on her side if the family- a scary thought. I just want to hear other peoples stories and realistic accounts of post op surgery recovery etc. Lovely to meet you all, Amanda
Back to top Go down
Msforgiven83
Msforgiven83

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014, 10:26 am

DayleD wrote:
Yep, I can totally relate.  Oddly enough I was quite sad too, saying goodbye to 'my friend'...that probably says ALOT about my emotional eating issues, lol.

I'm now in day 9 of my 21 day pre op diet and I had the exact same experience - in fact I've literally been going through the cycle of grieving over it - and though that may sound silly to those who haven't been there, food IS a friend - a very bad friend, but a friend - I've had it as a friend my whole life. Food never put me down, never called me names, never told me I was an idiot, never called me every name under the sun or threatened me harm. Food was always there - good times and bad, and the minute I couldn't have it anymore I realised just how EVERYWHERE food really is! Every single social thing has food involved - its life in western society! 

I decided that I had to change my thinking - so every time I thought to myself that I was "giving up food"or said it out loud, I'd correct myself and rephrase it to Ï'm giving up my current relationship to food. I'm letting go of the dysfunctional relationship I have to food. I'm having short term loss for hopefully a very LONG term gain! aka the rest of my life! 

I'll eat again......one day.......and it will be good. But it will be healthy, and it will be precisely what my nutritionist tells me I can eat. And my body will thank me for it :) 

BTW I totally had a food funeral, which helped me say goodbye - went to Hogsbreath and PIGGED out (pun intended!) I loved every second cos I had my most supportive friends around me and we celebrated the end of an era and the beginning of a whole new life together :) I highly recommend it! :)
Back to top Go down
http://thelongweighhome.blogspot.com.au/
montemoo01
montemoo01

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-08-31

PostSubject: Re: 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014, 10:23 am

Oh thanks goodness it's not just me!  I thought I was going insane! I haven't quite bought a box of 200 mini flakes, but i did buy 2 bags of mini chocs to hand out and work and ate them all in 2 days :-(, and my meals....i'm piling my plate full and shovelling it all in and literally feeling sick afterwards.

Thanks for reminding me Bumbles about the liver and the chance of the op not going ahead if i don't do things right. I have my dietician appt and pre-op on Tues 23 Sept (i'm on holidays all of Oct) so hopefully that'll pull me up a bit!

Thanks for the feedback ladies - nice to know i'm not alone on this ride 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! 65317
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014, 9:27 am

Yep, I can totally relate.  Oddly enough I was quite sad too, saying goodbye to 'my friend'...that probably says ALOT about my emotional eating issues, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014, 8:34 am

This was totally me.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I had to eat everything before the pre-op phase started. I went so far as to buy a catering style box full of mini flake bars. I think there was 200 in there? Something like that. Ate them all.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014, 6:33 am

Hiya, Im a November girl as well. My OMG I cant eat ever again! occurred a couple of weeks ago, before I went and saw the dietician - Fish n Chips, Thai, Fave restaurant etc etc. Of course I had to pull my head in and get stuck into the preop diet properly or risk the surgery being cancelled or worse, opened and closed on the table as my liver was not pliable enough and sent home in disgrace.

Its also not the end of it all, I quite often stupidly lose sight of the end of the road, that I will still be able to enjoy these foods, albeit in much more moderation, smaller quantities and healthier options post sleeve.

If you find your head is getting in the way of good choices in the leadup, perhaps a visit to a psych to talk it over might help? Alot of the girls (and guys) on here have mentioned it helps to talk through their eating problems.
Back to top Go down
montemoo01
montemoo01

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-08-31

PostSubject: 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014, 4:54 am

Eeeeeek! Date set for sleeving on 14th November.  For some reason I am eating WAY more than I normally do.  Seriously, just pigging out! 

Is this normal, is it a psychological thing that i have to eat as much as I can, while I can??  I'm going on holidays in 2 weeks and won't be able to fit in to any of my clothes!! 

Did anyone else experience this before their surgery (the eating heaps, not the not fitting into clothes Confused)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!   14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!! Empty

Back to top Go down

14th November 2014 - can't stop eating!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: I've got my sleeve date!-
Jump to: