Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Query - How much of the quote do I claim?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

Query - How much of the quote do I claim? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query - How much of the quote do I claim?   Query - How much of the quote do I claim? EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014, 4:15 am

Absolutely yes!  Include invoices for everything (or receipts if that's what you have).  Your typical bureaucrat can accept or refuse something you've supplied documentary evidence of, but if it's not documented, it'll probably be refused or they'll come back to you asking for evidence (and delay your request by 3-4 weeks in the process).
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Query - How much of the quote do I claim?   Query - How much of the quote do I claim? EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014, 2:13 am

Hi again PC, just a quick one, did you provide proof of everything you claimed for, I have the quotes for the larger items, but Ive already paid some surgeons appt fees so should I include the receipt?
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Query - How much of the quote do I claim?   Query - How much of the quote do I claim? EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014, 2:12 am

Thanks PC, thats helpful, especially the list of things that I can claim for, I wouldnt have thought to put down the surgeons and dietitians consult fees.
Back to top Go down
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Query - How much of the quote do I claim?   Query - How much of the quote do I claim? EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014, 2:05 am

In Question 68 on the form, I made a list of everything I could claim as related to the surgery. I included the quoted amounts minus the amounts I could claim from Medicare and Health Insurance. 

Hospital Cover Excess
Surgeon's quote
Anaesthetist's quote
Pre-Op Surgeon Consultation
Pre-Op Nutritionist Consultation
Pre-Op Pathology Out-of-Pocket
Pre-Op GP visit for Referral
Surgeon's Assistant (billed separately)

These amounts are relatively easy to verify - the Medicare claim is 75% of the Schedule Fee for that Item Number, the PHI covers the other 25% (but only for in-hospital services), so if you have one figure but not the other, divide/multiply by 3.

Having said that, DHS did their own calculations and knocked down what I could claim by about $400ish, presumably after they double checked all the amounts against the documentation I supplied, and after they applied their own guidelines to those amounts. They'll still do that anyway, but it seemed polite to summarise it.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female

PostSubject: Query - How much of the quote do I claim?   Query - How much of the quote do I claim? EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014, 12:19 am

Howdy all,

I have a quote from my surgeon and the anaesthetist. 

The anaesthtists quote includes the total, the estimated benefit and the estimated gap, do I claim the total or the estimated gap? I am wary that the estimated gap is just an estimate, and that this is all the super fund will give me and I will need to pay the difference until I can claim it back - anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Query - How much of the quote do I claim?   Query - How much of the quote do I claim? Empty

Back to top Go down

Query - How much of the quote do I claim?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: