JohnoT
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carollsadler

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-09-23

3 weeks Post Op and weight gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015, 7:19 am

I'm six and a half weeks post op and have stalled, just like what you have all talked about. I've been using myfitnesspal. I initially started usuing it to track my protein as I knew I was not getting enough. I also track my water. Did not realise until reading all of your posts that we need to track calories too!!

My dietician has me eating normal foods, with priority for protein and dairy, aiming for 71gm of protein per day. I'm still only managing about 1/2 cup of food for my three meals, and am supplementing the protein with a powder in a meal replacement shake (usually for morning or afternoon tea). But with all of this I'm still only managing about 600 calories per day.

So my question is, how are you all getting those extra calories?
Back to top Go down
JohnoT

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-07-18

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyMon 03 Nov 2014, 10:16 am

JasonJason wrote:
Hi JohnoT,

How is everything going for you now mate?

I need inspiration. I'm getting pretty down about it all.

Thanks heaps JoJomojo, it's great to hear from other people.

J
Hi Jason
Im going good 20kgs down, not as fast as I was hopeing but its happening :)
I stalled for a month and a half which drove me crazy, but its starting again, so Im happy

Dont get down mate, its an awesome time in our lives and even better times ahead 
It might get frustrating at times but mate never get down !!!! 
Alls good buddy

Johno
Back to top Go down
JasonJason

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-06-20

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptySat 01 Nov 2014, 2:05 am

Hi JohnoT,

How is everything going for you now mate?

I need inspiration. I'm getting pretty down about it all.

Thanks heaps JoJomojo, it's great to hear from other people.

J
Back to top Go down
JohnoT

Male

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014, 9:11 pm

jojomojo wrote:
Sadly mine lasted three weeks but then I lost 4.7kg in the 4th week
WOW Jojo, I will just have to wait and see, its not like I can give up lol
its strange how the body works.
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014, 11:48 am

Sadly mine lasted three weeks but then I lost 4.7kg in the 4th week
Back to top Go down
JohnoT

Male

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014, 11:44 am

How long do these stalls last? smack
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyMon 08 Sep 2014, 5:59 am

I put on 2.5 kg at 3 weeks out and nearly died! I am 5 months out now and it has happened twice since too :( I still emotionally don't like it but am realizing it must be my body cause I am noticing a pattern. Goodluck and keep doing what your doing cause I am just about to go under 90 kg and I eat 600 to 800 cal daily and keep plodding on :) don't force your new tummy my surgeon said if your full, but I also needed to drink more water . Water is still an effort now . Jo
Back to top Go down
Tarnie
Tarnie

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyMon 08 Sep 2014, 5:41 am

JohnoT - I had a stall (I'm only 5 weeks today), last week, figured it was the different foods, then realised I wasn't getting enough cals especially protein in.  I was only doing about 600cals too.
Now up to 900 cals, and had a loss this week (and my belt is 2 holes smaller ;-))
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuUMtkU/]
JohnoT

Male

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyFri 05 Sep 2014, 7:50 am

Nini wrote:
Hi JohnoT,

I think there are a few reasons for the 2 week stall/weight gain. 
Have you just started to eat more solid foods? 
Sorry for the personal question -but have you been going regularly to the toilet or are you a bit constipated? 
How many calories are you eating? Too little and the body goes into starvation mode and clings to every bit of fat it can manage. I found I didn't start losing consistently until I got my calories above 800.
Hi Nini,
No constipation, Im probably on average 600 calories a day. So I better try to get that up.
I dont feel like Im starving 

Thanx 
John
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyFri 05 Sep 2014, 2:11 am

Hi JohnoT,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations losing 16 kg!! I am a member of a lot of Sleeve groups and it is very common to see posts like yours, so you are definitely not alone. Most people seem to stall or gain a bit at around 2 -3 weeks post-op. Your body can't physically continue to lose massive amounts very week and most people lose a good amount and then not much the next week. 

I think there are a few reasons for the 2 week stall/weight gain. 
Have you just started to eat more solid foods? 
Sorry for the personal question -but have you been going regularly to the toilet or are you a bit constipated? 
How many calories are you eating? Too little and the body goes into starvation mode and clings to every bit of fat it can manage. I found I didn't start losing consistently until I got my calories above 800.

Hang in there, you are going well. Don't get frustrated, it will happen. As long as you stick to your eating plan it will all fall into place.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
JohnoT

Male

PostSubject: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain EmptyFri 05 Sep 2014, 1:44 am

Im starting to get peeved 3 weeks post op and I have put on 1 kg after losing 16kg since starting opti

Ive searched the forum but cant find anything on weight gain so soon after.
Im having very few calories and carbs 
I know about stalls but weight gain so soon WTF?
Road Rage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks Post Op and weight gain   3 weeks Post Op and weight gain Empty

Back to top Go down

3 weeks Post Op and weight gain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: