WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question EmptySat 06 Sep 2014, 11:54 am

Thanx Garfield, mine will have to be Optifast, but it's still good to know.
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question EmptySat 06 Sep 2014, 9:42 am

Nope, it will be fine.  I pre-make shakes all the time (usually the night before) then put it in the fridge at work.  When I am ready to drink, just give it a good shake and it's great to go.

I prefer the musashi powder as you can mix with water or milk (I prefer almond or soy) plus works out cheaper in the long run.  Usually just get vanilla and in the mornings I add coffee and some icecubes - sometimes I may use a blender to crush the ice up a bit but usually too lazy.

For lunch I make it with milk but throw in some ice cubes too.  My dietitian said if I want to drop weight quickly just make it with water and little more protein powder but it doesn't taste as nice.  There is also some sugar free Ovalteen chocolate and strawberry powders which are quite tasty - http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/Shop/ProductGroup/20633?utm_source=EDMWK02&utm_medium=email&utm_content=HEROCTA&utm_campaign=NEWS_WINO#url=/Shop/ProductDetails%3FStockcode%3D785068%26name%3Dovaltine-strawberry-shake-sugar-free%26search%3Dsugar%2Bfree%2Bstrawberry

Helps mix things up so you don't get bored having the same thing.  Sometimes I'll also add Macca, cocao with a bit of Stevia or honey as it can be a bit bitter.  If you add Chia Seeds to your protein mix and let it sit overnight, it makes a thick pudding style which is tasty.  You also feel like you eating something for a change and it's quite filling :-)

I don't eat any fruit since having gallbladder out as it makes me feel nauseated.  Plus if I am to follow my blood type diet, along with the PCOS diet, fruit is to be avoided.  But I know berries are very good for you so throw them in if you like :-)
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question EmptySat 06 Sep 2014, 6:29 am

Another daggy question so I thought I'd use the same thread...

Is it possible to make and take shakes to work, so I can use my blender and add berries in the morning, or does it go a bit yuck by lunch time? (Obviously we have a fridge but I haven't done any shake diets before) I'm guessing it's better to take a shaker cup and make a just powder and water one immediately before drinking, but just in case I thought I'd ask.

Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question EmptySun 17 Aug 2014, 3:47 am

They're definitely longlife.  I found mine in the health section, and another time (in another store) in the cereal section.  The Protein Up n Go's are easier to find, make sure you get the one with the high protein in though (I think it's 17.1g), the Musashi have the 30g but more pricey.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question EmptySat 16 Aug 2014, 2:57 pm

No such thing as a stupid question :)

Only admin/mods can delete threads - let me know if you want I deleted :)
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Wonda   Stupid question EmptySat 16 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm

Wonda, I think they are on special in Coles at the moment. They are over $3 per carton so pretty pricey. I read here somewhere that the Nutritionist thought the Protein Up & Go was better value. Either one is going to be good to have on hand.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question EmptySat 16 Aug 2014, 1:01 pm

Thanx Tomka333.

Oops, sorry y'all. I thought I could delete this thread once I had an answer but can only delete my own comment - which I won't or my kind responder will look like they are making random grocery posts, lol.

Oh well, maybe others can use it to post what they think are "stupid questions"
 Stupid question 697586 Stupid question 697586 Stupid question 697586 Stupid question 697586 Stupid question 697586 Stupid question 697586
Back to top Go down

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question EmptySat 16 Aug 2014, 12:50 pm

The musashi drinks are located in longlife at woolworths.. the are in diet and supplement section.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Stupid question   Stupid question EmptySat 16 Aug 2014, 12:45 pm

Hi, sorry, I will delete this afterwards but I'm trying to do my online grocery order with Woolies and have tried Googling to find this out but can't see it.

Can someone tell me if the Musashi P30 poppers are off the shelf or in the cold section. They are on special and I was gonna stock up for after the surgery when it just occurred to me that they might not be the type of drink I was thinking they were, ie; long life, then I'd have to drink a load now, lol.

Sorry for stud question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: