Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This might sound like a really dumb question....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-07-02

This might sound like a really dumb question.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptySat 05 Jul 2014, 10:54 am

Thanks Wendy!  I have some friends who might take them off my hands, I'm not too worried at this stage.  Worst case scenario is I lose the money.... oh well. 

Melbourne is a bit far at the moment.  It's just bad timing all round really!!

It's not like they wont tour again.... hopefully.  I have a track record of my favourite bands breaking up!!!!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyFri 04 Jul 2014, 4:32 am

Aww, that's a shame.  If you really don't want to miss them --> This may not useful as it's double the travel time and on a Sunday night, but just in case, I Googled and ebayed for you and there are still tickets available for their Melbourne show on Sun 20th - the 2 nights before that are sold out but you could keep your eye out on e-bay (there's only 1 single ticket for 19th at the moment). Just trying to help, lol.

Whether you go to Melbourne or not, you could try putting your tickets on e-bay and sell them so you don't lose your dough.  

Sorry, I always stick my nose in to other's probs! LOL - I'll stop now.
Back to top Go down
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyFri 04 Jul 2014, 3:58 am

Something for Kate.  It's promising to be awesome! I've been a fan for years.

I have decided not to go, but it hurts!!!

I went to Homebake 5 weeks after having my last child.  Rock always wins!
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyFri 04 Jul 2014, 3:09 am

Some shows are worth it. I was rocking it out at a Wiggles show about a week after a c-section!!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyFri 04 Jul 2014, 3:05 am

OK, this must be a good gig for you to still wanna go. Please tell, who's playing?
Back to top Go down
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyThu 03 Jul 2014, 11:16 pm

I forgot about the gig when I got my date.  Then remembered after but because I want to get done during the school holidays so I dont miss work (potentially) I went ahead anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyThu 03 Jul 2014, 2:23 pm

Just a question - and no judgement - but if you had the tickets already, why did you agree to a surgery date so close?

Personally, I don't think you will feel up to going.
Back to top Go down
gusthemus
gusthemus

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyThu 03 Jul 2014, 12:19 am

Grunge_hippy, I really doubt you'll be up to it.

I bounced back really well from my surgery and was back at work within a week of getting out of hospital but I just remember how tired I was around day 5. You're only just getting onto free fluids and energy levels are low. The other thing that I found was that my stomach got quite sore in the first couple of days from going in the car, just from all the bumps that you don't normally realise are in the road.
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyWed 02 Jul 2014, 11:41 pm

I know I wouldn't have been up to it
Back to top Go down
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyWed 02 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm

It is a GA ticket, would have been better with seats.  The other problem is it's in Sydney, so there's travel and staying overnight. 

I really shouldnt.  I know this.  But the rock bitch in me refuses to die!!!

:)
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyWed 02 Jul 2014, 11:52 am

As long as you aren't in a mosh pit.. 

I guess it will all depend though, on how well you bounce back after the surgery. See how well you're going the morning of and decide then maybe?
Back to top Go down
grunge_hippy
grunge_hippy

Female

PostSubject: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... EmptyWed 02 Jul 2014, 11:14 am

I am having my surgery on the 7th of July, and I have tickets to a gig on the 12th.  Am I going to be up to it?  I am fully prepared to not go, but I really want to (I had the tickets well before I got my date)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This might sound like a really dumb question....   This might sound like a really dumb question.... Empty

Back to top Go down

This might sound like a really dumb question....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: