7 posters
AuthorMessage
zigzag
zigzag

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2014-02-28

Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 1:01 pm

Thanks TinaLou for posting the Matthew Weiner video. it was very informative and direct to the points we need to manage post op and further, and I liked what he said at the end, too.
Back to top Go down
reboot
reboot

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 12:36 am

Thankyou for posting this video!! Just like makbo said there was so much more info and guidance in the video than in my doctors sessions.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Dr Matthew Weiner   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014, 11:11 am

I found Dr Matthew Weiner on You Tube to be fantastic, what a wealth of information.
Back to top Go down
TinaLou
TinaLou

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014, 9:43 am

Cool! I'm glad this is a good guide. I didn't want to watch too many of his videos if I was getting the wrong information.  And yes, what my surgeon or dietician says comes first.
Thanks everyone :-)
Back to top Go down
NikkiBolts
NikkiBolts

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014, 7:33 am

I am 1 week post op and am finding the liquid phase very hard all I want to do is sink my teeth into something but I do have a wonderful husband who is smacking my hands when they tend to wonder😜.  
I did find this video very helpful as well thanks for sharing it💋
Back to top Go down
makbo

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month EmptySun 29 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm

Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month 542174 Wow! This is a great video, I think I got more info from this that was spot on than I did from my surgeon. This video is a fantastic guide to post op diet and right on the mark- I am into week 3 post op and have really been finding what will work for me through trial and error.
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month EmptySun 29 Jun 2014, 12:34 am

In general I think this is well done and very similiar to what I had been told to do. I found I could eat eggs and seafood without problem; when I reached that stage (either mashed or chunky; and even blended eggs at the muchy stage). I also find that I can eat chicken (and was told to start with chicken) rather than steak easier; even at over three years out. I think the steak, beef type foods (even when slow cooked and blended) tend to sit in your stomach longer and thus you eat less, because you are fuller. I was told by my dietican I could have limited low calorie drinks including soft drink (this is about out about six months though); though I wish I had never started on them; I am trying to cut down to a couple a week instead of a couple a day. (I ususally only drink these low calorie drinks when I want an alcoholic drink). I always carry water in my handbag; very easy to get dehydrated even now. (my biggest problem, I forget to drink)

Remember everyone is different (what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another; e.g. scrambled eggs in the soft stage) and you should always follow your surgeon and dieticans advice.
Back to top Go down
TinaLou
TinaLou

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month EmptySat 28 Jun 2014, 6:01 am

While searching the web and clicking around I came across some youtube videos by a Dr Matthew Weiner.  I found them very interesting and thought I would post a link here.  Can anyone who is post op let me know how on the mark this advice is please?  Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month   Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating After Bariatric Surgery - A guide for the first month
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: