Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jocelyn_88

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-06-22

Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! EmptySun 29 Jun 2014, 11:06 pm

Good luck Lucy, if that was the only issue and you have rectified that and shown evidence then you shouldn't have an issue. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Lucygoose
Lucygoose

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-05-31

Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! EmptySun 29 Jun 2014, 10:59 am

Yes the surplus did equal that in 12 months, I've just resubmitted and this time I used the budget template on the government smart money websit.  It accounts for everything!!!! I'm still waiting to hear back, apparently the wait on reassessments is 3.5 weeks.  I'll let you all know how it goes
Back to top Go down
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! EmptySat 28 Jun 2014, 3:54 am

jocelyn_88 wrote:
Hey, with regard to your surplus- did it total the cost of the surgery within 12 months? As in did you show you could pay it within 12 months? As if your surgeon and dr have confirmed "life threatening" the definition is 12
Months to live on the forms, defeats the point of you can't save it within 12 months, does that help your case?

I'd quite like to know the answer to these questions too.  I'm about to put my paperwork in and I'd rather avoid that sort of slip-up.

Fortunately (or otherwise) my (disabled pensioner) mother's car rego is almost due, and I know I'll soon end up paying her green slip, as is the case most years.
Back to top Go down
Lucygoose
Lucygoose

Female

PostSubject: Re: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014, 10:48 pm

thabks everyone,  ill try alll pf those ideas and see what happens :)
Back to top Go down
jocelyn_88

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014, 1:49 pm

Hey, with regard to your surplus- did it total the cost of the surgery within 12 months? As in did you show you could pay it within 12 months? As if your surgeon and dr have confirmed "life threatening" the definition is 12
Months to live on the forms, defeats the point of you can't save it within 12 months, does that help your case?
Also go to budget planner on the money smart govt website and do a breakdown on their list of your expenses it's much more comprehensive....
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014, 11:28 am

Hiya Lucy,

I was also declined in similar circumstances - it really is devastating !

You basically have 2 options now.

To appeal the decision - showing greater expenditures each month with a nil or negative balance in your bank. You will probably have to prove it with bills etc as they will be a little suss as to why these expenditures weren't included in the first place

Or you could just go ahead and pay for the gap by using a credit card or getting a loan which will put you in to debt THEN reapply with a new application (this will be assessed independently to the last application). 

And on this new application make sure you show you monthly outgoings to be more than you have coming in and you will also have the debt to show them and it's repayments.
You could also mention that the repayments of said debt are putting you under financial strain and are crippling you.

That should get you over the line no worries.

Hope this helps,
Tara
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014, 11:13 am

Is it possible to appeal their decision and provide a more detailed budget showing no surplus (add in every expense you can think of)?
Back to top Go down
Lucygoose
Lucygoose

Female

PostSubject: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014, 9:43 am

I'm so dissapointed.  I received a call from the early release of super today and they have informed me that based on their calculations I have a surplus each month so therefore I should postpone my surgery and save up for it.  I'm devestated.  My employer has approved an application for someone to work in my role in August and my sick leave has been approved.  I spoke to the receptionist at my surgeons rooms and she has never heard this happen before.  Does anyone have any advice on how I can convince the super board to release  my funds?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!   Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Early release have just told me to postpone my surgery an save up for the gap!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: