Mumofone83
Mumofone83

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-06-18

July 1st changes Empty
PostSubject: July 1st changes   July 1st changes EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014, 3:15 am

Hi all, 

After reading a few post on here about changes to hospital cover with obesity related surgery I contacted my health fund (BUPA) to double check this. Now before calling I checked their website and could find no mention of this. I also checked a few other websites and noticed in their footnotes it stated that obesity related procedures would now only be available under the top level of cover.

When I called Bupa I was informed that this WAS NOT the case with Bupa and that this type of procedure was still available under the standard hospital cover. Im really confused as Ive heard differently. Why would this change be happening with other health care providers but not Bupa? Or have I once again just been told the wrong info? Any feedback on this would be appreciated. 

Cheers, Hayley x
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-02-05

July 1st changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 1st changes   July 1st changes EmptySat 21 Jun 2014, 12:16 pm

Hi mumofthree83 I am also with BUPA on standard cover and have called a few times recently re cover for obesity related surgery , and each time they have reassured me that I will be covered.
I hope that offers a little bit of reassurance  July 1st changes 63412
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

July 1st changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 1st changes   July 1st changes EmptySat 21 Jun 2014, 3:20 pm

Sorry to be a nay-sayer, but it would be awful if the staff weren't properly informed and you had no way of proving that.  I wonder if you could ask them to confirm the information in a letter or e-mail so you have written proof should any issues arise.

It just seems strange that most of the other PHI's are doing it.  Just a thought, sorry.
July 1st changes 557634This dood just keeps sitting on my shoulder and putting distrustful thoughts into my mind, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

Female

July 1st changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 1st changes   July 1st changes EmptySun 22 Jun 2014, 12:04 am

Yeah I will get a letter tomorrow. I am pretty confident that I am covered though due to the conversations I have had with BUPA staff. I was reassured that BUPA made these changes to the availability of obesity surgery cover last year on their Budget cover, and now other health insurance companies are following suit.  July 1st changes 618285
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

Female

July 1st changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 1st changes   July 1st changes EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014, 12:05 am

Hi mumofthree83 I have called BUPA , and I am with out a doubt covered for my op in November on standard hospital cover (medium cover). My best advice would be to give them another call just to double check and for your own peace of mind. All the best on your sleeve journey  July 1st changes 65317
Back to top Go down
Healthier me
Healthier me

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-05-23

July 1st changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 1st changes   July 1st changes EmptyMon 23 Jun 2014, 2:58 am

I am on the same BUPA plan and they have also reassured me that I will be completely covered for the sleeve. July 1st changes 65317
Back to top Go down
John1969

Male
Registration date : 2015-01-20

July 1st changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 1st changes   July 1st changes EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015, 7:11 am

Dont Bupa require a code for the procedure?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

July 1st changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 1st changes   July 1st changes Empty

Back to top Go down

July 1st changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Private Health Insurance-
Jump to: