Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super stress

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 2:17 pm

Just tick the box yourself, making sure you match up ink colours.  They never contact the doctors to chedk.  But I never suggested this.  shhh!
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 11:45 am

Sounds really stressful, I am so glad to hear that it's been approved though.
Back to top Go down
Pennylan3

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-06-18

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014, 10:38 am

Hi guys. Just thought I would let you know I got a call today and was approved. But I will say this, I have never dealt with any department that is less helpful and more infuriating than this. What I went through when I called them was horrendous. I ended up speaking to a social worker who then called the head boss in Canberra and got my application assessed the next day. If you have similar dramas I recommend asking for a social worker and pulling out your best sob story. Mine was all true and I was very distressed, but it got the job done. Such an appalling experience and now I have been approved I will be making a formal complaint.
Back to top Go down
Pennylan3

Female

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014, 5:00 am

Hi guys. So I travelled to a nearby town yesterday and got a third letter. In it he stated I had chronic mental illness that he believes the surgery will resolve (personally I don't but whatever lol) chronic pain that he believes the surgery will resolve. But he wouldn't write life threatening illness. Argh! Why? Why would it be called morbid obesity if it's not life threatening? Crazy. Anyway I addressed all this in the email and pointed out that chronic mental illness and chronic pain are both met. I then found a medical definition of morbid obesity that states it's life threatening and included that with references and said he stated I have morbid obesity and it's life threatening by definition so???? God knows. I'm so stressed. Thanks for all your tips guys :) I'm in Inverell in NSW.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014, 10:08 am

Hey Penny, I was trying to think of what I would do as I also need to access my super - My GP has ticked the box but was a little unsure, Phew! Anyway, they're not brainwaves but here are a few things you might be able to try...

Idea 1 - Maybe if you posted on here about the exact area in NSW that you are in, one of the other members might use a GP in your area that they know would do it.

Idea 2 Maybe your surgeon's office staff know someone that they deal with from your area, although by the sounds of it you are not that close to them (flights, etc.).

Idea 3 - Maybe you could ring some of the medical centres in your area and ask the staff if they know if any of the GP's at their clinic are "experienced with dealing with patients who have had a gastric sleeve".  You might be lucky enough to find one and then you might be lucky enough for them to be on board with the "life threatening" tick box - sorry, I know this is a lot of might be's!

I would have thought that if you have a big enough BMI, you should be able to find a GP that will assist .  I hope you find someone!  Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014, 5:17 am

Hi,
Don't give up..... Like DayleD said, just keep going to a doctor that will do as you ask.... Do you have a date for your surgery yet?
I hope that this puts a smile on your face...

I WISH I WAS A GOW WORM
A GLOW WORMS NEVER GLUM,
ITS HARD TO BE UNHAPPY,
WHEN THE SUN SHINES OUT YOUR BUM....
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014, 2:48 am

Please don't give up.  There are GPs out there who do understand and will do it.  Try another GP.
Back to top Go down
Lisa81

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-02-25

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014, 1:33 am

I just brought my surgeon letter to my GP and asked if he would write the same thing. It is stressful. Lucky I didn't have any trouble. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Pennylan3

Female

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014, 10:55 pm

Terrible autocorrect happening in my post oops. Yes it has to be a GP. Surgeon also has to do one which he did no problem. I feel so sick, I thought this was definite for 12 months and now at the final hour it's falling apart. Also my surgeon called yesterday and changed the date which is costing me $400 to change my flights. I'm poor! I'm terrified right now that all this prep and planning and excitement about not being fat anymore has been for
Naught.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014, 11:48 am

I'm sure there will be others here with personal experience shortly (I didn't use super).  Does it have to be a GP?  Can your surgeon complete the form? Or do you know anyone nearby who has had the surgery, perhaps go to their GP?

Good luck.

DayleD
Back to top Go down
Pennylan3

Female

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Super stress   Super stress EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014, 11:15 am

Hi. I'm having dramas accessing my super. The first GP failed to use the words "life threatening illness" and today I saw another and have him the form and he wouldn't tick the box life threatening illness. I'm devo. I've waited 12 months and paid my health cover all this time. I've scraped and saved every last cent I can. I don't know what else I can do? Does anyone have my tips or ideas? Thanks heaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super stress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super stress   Super stress Empty

Back to top Go down

Super stress
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: